Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drinking some coffee before shoveling. I do it slowly in deference to my advanced yeqrs but I enjoy it...it's snow. BOS should be mid 30s for the season when the final is in.....never would have imagined it a few weeks ago...lol. Lots of folks preached patience and it ws warranted. I remember Will at the gtg saying that weenies would be upset at times but the pattern is ripe. Ginxy too. I'm looking at a deep snow pack....hopefully will be added to before going away completely (would take a mega torch or prolonged snowless stretch).

Snow is so beautiful! Doggy enjoyed romping in it and now in her little doggy brain knows it was a blip last year.

What did you get?  I estimate 28" here.  We were in the edge of that band for a while and BDL was west of it.

Measured a minimum of 24" at 3am so I'm sure that 28" is probably what I ended up with because just visually its 27 to 30 over everywhere with higher drifts. And I'm located towards the end of mapleton ave.

Measured a minimum of 24" at 3am so I'm sure that 28" is probably what I ended up with because just visually its 27 to 30 over everywhere with higher drifts. And I'm located towards the end of mapleton ave.

I'm on the south side, 159 and windsor locks line almost.  My 28 measurement id a very rough estimate.  I did not do 6 hour measuring, so between compacting and wind, we could have gotten a liitle more.

While this is a signal for next week, it's not a big event signal if anything. Much better signal around Presidents' Day. I am supposed to go to do for the day on 2/19 but can figure out a way to cancel if I risk missing anything. Snow junkie....as soon as the flakes diminish, he wants more....

Archived