e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only imagine the parking situation in Boston/Cambridge and surrounding.  Fun time digging out.  I ended up with 19".  Respectable to say the least, but short of the 'historic' level.  Met/exceeded my expecations out here.

Congrats to you folks out east and down south.  Awesome reports and pics!

I was saying earlier maybe not historic for the hilltowns but that perhaps historic for some of the towns in the valley.  Northampton came in close to 25" I think.  Multiple 19 - 21"  reports from Greenfield/Montague area.

This almost rivels Jan 05 for me. Has to be close to 27 or 28"..you don't have these drifts and depth like I have. Wow.

We won't break 30" here because of last night lol, but I think this was worse.

The 10+ that fell today puts it close to 05 in terms if impact and to me it's cooler....it's snowing like a bastard during the day for a change

Currently 14" and 2-3"hr snow band yet to move through, with another band coming in off the ocean due to extreme instability caused by ocean effect snows could bring totals to 18" and eclipse two snowstorms of record.  Harwich, MA or Barnstable county record keeping has been quite new so this is all in a 15-16 year span.  Before then records are hard to keep.

Does this make up for last winter and this winter up to this point?  ;)

Ask in a week. Today the euphoria reigns. But certainly it swings this winter to positive for this event alone. Unlike October, this snow isn't going anywhere for awhile which could be an urban problem.

Just finished measuring IMBY in Wayland, MA. 10 measurements averaging 28.1" (std dev is 3.0 for those who care). It's hard to find 10 good places to measure.

Here's a  photo I took first thing this AM while the storm was still going on. For reference, top of my railing is 40".

post-1844-0-34607000-1360434049_thumb.jp

Archived