CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8F. It was colder last night at this time, we were already below zero, however the wind makes it just brutal out there right now. 

Just did a mile walk with the dog, wish I had worn a face mask.

Same here... the temp has been holding steady around 8 degrees, but the wind chill is well below zero. (-10 right now) 

Ocean Effect Snows are possible this evening throughout Saturday as winds turn northwesterly to northerly as the surface low moves well south and east of the region.  Arctic shortwave disturbance moving through the flow tomorrow will allow the coldest temperatures to remain over New England.  With about a +5-6C departure of water temperatures over the Bay and north of Cape Cod, MA and with -15 to -20C 850mb temperatures, expect high instability snow showers to develop within overall mean flow around the surface low pressure center.  This extreme instability will allow the moisture from the ocean to be picked up by the winds and come over the Outer Cape Cod, MA and Nantucket, MA region dumping a possible good amount of snow on the area dependent upon wind direction, fetch and duration.  Taunton NWS is monitoring the potential for high accumulations outside of the low pressure system moving way south of the region.

10F here in Woods Hole.  Was at parents' house yesterday morning in Woodbury, CT.  -5F at 6:00am.  Walking out to the car, I stumbled on the front steps and I spilled coffee on my hand.  Should have known the last thing to do was to reach for the wrought iron metal rail- hand froze to it on contact!  Of course, this episode was much less painful than a tongue to the flagpole back in 5th grade.

Archived