amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you guys own your own home you won't be sleeping with the window open on arctic nights anymore once you get your first heating bill.

Yeah, it's called a thermostat.  My wife and I (and my son) are not fans of heat so we just set the thermostat at 50° in the upstairs where our bedrooms are and it makes for great sleeping temps around 52-55°.  The rest of the house is set at 58° ;)

Down to 1° this morning.  I was hoping for zero, but I'll take it.  Maybe I'll tick down a degree for my 0700 ob?

Yeah, it's called a thermostat.  My wife and I (and my son) are not fans of heat so we just set the thermostat at 50° in the upstairs where our bedrooms are and it makes for great sleeping temps around 52-55°.  The rest of the house is set at 58° ;)

Down to 1° this morning.  I was hoping for zero, but I'll take it.  Maybe I'll tick down a degree for my 0700 ob?

To each his own, but no thanks. My gf would kill me. It's already hard enough to convince her of 68F. You save a little energy, but you use up quite a bit when you get the temp back up during the daytime. Every object in the house gets down to the 50s so it takes while to get the heat transferred through them.

Is that KCTSTAFF3 station you?

We turned up the heat for only the 2nd or 3rd time yesterday, the stoves are doing the trick.   At least until I run out of wood. 

We do have an electric blanket.  Crank that up and pre-heat your bed for an hour and you're golden.

1.4/-12

Is that KCTSTAFF3 station you?

We turned up the heat for only the 2nd or 3rd time yesterday, the stoves are doing the trick.   At least until I run out of wood. 

We do have an electric blanket.  Crank that up and pre-heat your bed for an hour and you're golden.

1.4/-12

That is one of my stations up in Union in my sugarbush but I do have a sensor reporting as KCTSTAFF2.  It worked for a while but now it goes off whenever the humidity creeps up so I need to replace it.  I need to bite the bullet and get something high-end that will last.

just talked to my dad -23 in baldwin mills quebec  that place radiates like crazy wish I was there nws has -29 in Norton vermont tonight im guessing he might see -35 or so.. hes on the south side of lac lyster just north of this forecast point

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.00219463609633&lon=-71.89624786376953

When you guys own your own home you won't be sleeping with the window open on arctic nights anymore once you get your first heating bill.

LOL, definitely not.  I used to open my bedroom window a bit in the winter when I was younger and it drove my father nuts.  Now I understand.  ;)

Anyway -12F here this morning.  Tomorrow & probably Friday will be the real cold mornings by the looks of things.

You still have to open the door sometimes and I'm sure the drafts get around the door. Again, to each his own.

-6F

I see ya point, was joshin ya. We got rid of oil and went to natural gas and are paying literally 1/3rd of our old bill every month from last year. New insulation in the walls is unbelievable too. Not to mention the new gas fireplace!

Archived