Newest Member
    amirah5
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 and droppping faster than Kevin's forecast accuracy

I'm actually colder tonight....13.9/2 here in Dobbs Ferry. Do you have snow cover? None here except for a few piles...

There are a few high-level and mid-level clouds which are making me nervous about getting really cold...forecast low is 8F though and that's probably a lock.

I wonder if I would be below 0F if I had snow cover. I remember Dobbs hit 0F in the Jan '09 outbreak although I think 850s were like -24C instead of -21/-22C this time around.

It's too bad 850s warm slightly tomorrow night. Looking at the GFS, we get down to around -23C@850mb here in Westchester tomorrow afternoon, but then rise to around -20C overnight. Tomorrow's forecast high is 21F, almost no chance we hit that with continuing cold air advection and the low starting point tomorrow morning. I'm seeing a maximum around 18F tomorrow.

Some recent cold days here have been 1/24/11 with a 18.5/2.5 spread as well as 1/17/09 with a 19.9/3.3 spread (a lot of stations got below 0F that night near here as we had snow cover). Honorable mention for cold goes to 12/15/10 with a spread of 26.3/17.1 (early for such sharp cold, especially with just 1/2" snow cover) and 1/30/10 with a spread of 18.2/11 (in a cold winter without any extreme outbreaks, that was a frigid day). 

I know I'm not technically SNE, but I just love cold the most of any weather besides a blizzard. This outbreak is making me absolutely giddy.

13.7/0

I think he's in college...if so, I'm not surprised. Dorms are way too hot. I have it on when its like 25F outside sometimes. Usually not 0-10F though, lol.

Oh true, it's the same thing at UConn... though i still can't imagine leaving a window open on a night like this lol.

Well my college is right down the street so I live at home, but yeah I've always liked the cold air at night, it helps with sleeping lol. And I find that I've never got really sick in winter since I started doing this years ago (well, after the first year anyway)

Hopefully you're still alive tomorrow. lol

Now you just need one of these coats, lol. http://www.old-picture.com/indians/pictures/Eskimo-Family.jpg

Lol yea that'd be the balls. I've woken up after a snowstorm and had a couple inches of snow blown in by the fan in front of the window before. that's always fun, scooping snow out of my room in the morning.

Archived