CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM's FRH grid was impressive with -12C at T1 locked in for 18 straight hours - this is a CAA overpowering diurnal when that happens.  The advection terms control the temperature curve almost entirely.  

-12C at T1 is also probably isothermal to the 2-meter given to that, so you are looking at 10 to 12F in the walk from the car to where ever you are going.   

I'm impressed by amount of real-estate upstream that is under advisories for windchill.    As most have been saying, it's been years since this type of profile was on the doorstop.  

I noticed the 00z Euro backed off the 2nd arctic push for D6-10, but it has a vast area over southern Canada where 850mb temperature are between -30 and -38C - wow.  Real dicey there.

yeah i agree. either way...both are pretty darn cold. tomorrow will probably feature falling temps too - at least for eastern areas. 

friday may hold the cold quite well too.

Poor mixing on Thursday means a chilllly day. Friday I agree... clouds should keep things chilly before the snow moves in. 

A buddy of mine has a house in Island Pond that sees -30F now and then... I would imagine LSC at 4AM can be rather nippy

Cold spot there, for sure.

Even here, during the coldest of the cold, we'll tickle (lol) -30. More often than not though during the artic outbreaks, we'll bottom out in the mid -20s.

It's a "squeak snow"     Walking down a sidewalk, "eeh eeh eeeh ee", underfoot. 

lol, I remember when I was at Lyndon back in the 80s that we used to guess the temperature by the sound of the snow and other observations like hair or noses freezing.  It's amazing what you come up with when you have time on your hands!

Meanwhile, it's 12° here.

lol, I remember when I was at Lyndon back in the 80s that we used to guess the temperature by the sound of the snow and other observations like hair or noses freezing.  It's amazing what you come up with when you have time on your hands!

Meanwhile, it's 12° here.

Interesting--colder there (and I think on the mastiff) than here.

13.2/8, top wind of 21mph, wind chill of 0.

Interesting--colder there (and I think on the mastiff) than here.

13.2/8, top wind of 21mph, wind chill of 0.

Yeah, that is interesting...usually the opposite.  Kevin was 13.2 too and it's 10° over in Union.  Peru, MA and Woodford, VT are 8° so maybe you're just running a few degrees higher than surrounding areas.

Archived