joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reprogramming like a MOFO tonight, all zone temps, night setbacks, timing exhaust fans off, have to stay ahead of anything below 5 degrees, heavy heavy heat input into this building Sunday. Positive pressurize the heck out of this place while we are closed Sun Mon Tues. Brain is fried fingers are tired, over 550 points reprogrammed, all systems go, praying it works. Bring on the Doggies.

Reprogramming like a MOFO tonight, all zone temps, night setbacks, timing exhaust fans off, have to stay ahead of anything below 5 degrees, heavy heavy heat input into this building Sunday. Positive pressurize the heck out of this place while we are closed Sun Mon Tues. Brain is fried fingers are tired, over 550 points reprogrammed, all systems go, praying it works. Bring on the Doggies.

What kind of building, Ginxy?

Looks to me like this will be the coldest stretch for many of us since January 2009. 

ORH had 14/2, 11/-1, and 14/-2 that month for that 3 day cold snap. I think we could beat that...esp if the arctic boundary sinks a tad further south. Its almost like a secondary boundary just hanging north.

ORH had 14/2, 11/-1, and 14/-2 that month for that 3 day cold snap. I think we could beat that...esp if the arctic boundary sinks a tad further south. Its almost like a secondary boundary just hanging north.

Yeah it will be close I think.

BDL was 3/19, -3/17, and -3/17 

Jan 2004 was much more impressive on the 14th-16th.

-4/9, -7/11, -6/13

-4/9, -7/11, -6/13

Tuesday might prevent us from being a more impressive 3 day stretch because of the inverted trough hanging back with the snow. We might actually get a cheap post-midnight high temp with snow falling.

But I think the peak of this can beat 2009....but maybe not 1/24/11. We were 8/-9 on 1/24/11. Only a one day cold shot though.

Not sure yet if this will beat Jan 2011 up here. That brought me 975mb temps of -27C. The three day stretches for 2009 and 2011 here were...

13.6/-8.4

12.4/-16.7

16.8/-7.6

16.8/-10.3

4.2/-17.0

14.8/-3.5

2011 also ended in a SWFE that brought accumulating snow with below 0F temps for awhile.

360,000 sq ft Museum, 93 Mill building with priceless artifacts, art and holdings as well as loaned exhibits and rented space to people like Bob Ballard of Titanic fame, so just a little pressure on me.

Wow. Well, if you have the responsibility of keeping that building protected from the elements, I can certainly understand your concerns and precautions. I have...a house...lol

Wow. Well, if you have the responsibility of keeping that building protected from the elements, I can certainly understand your concerns and precautions. I have...a house...lol

Well it's a great match with my passion and a built in excuse to come here and take abuse daily. I learn more from here daily than any other weather outlet. I am fascinated by those same elements I need to protect against, plus I have a house, lol.

-4/9, -7/11, -6/13

For comparison at a non-airport location in SNE, here's the three day coldest stretches for me in 2004 & 2009:

2004:

Jan 15th  5/-4

Jan 16th  7/-11

Jan 17th  12/-6

2009:

Jan16th  18/-11

Jan 17th  16/-11

Jan 18th  21/-11

January 20th & 21st 1994 deserves honorable mention with highs of 7 and lows of -17.  I think CEF was -20 those mornings.  That's the last time I can recall lows in the -20s around here.

This is absolutely obscene... as close to zero visibility on the hill as I can remember.  Hitting 70mph gusts now.

This is the base area...just imagine what 2,000ft higher looks.

attachicon.gifphoto1.JPG

attachicon.gifWUNIDS_map.gif

Nice, Scott--enjoy!

Temp spiked 8* in like 10 minutes here to 44.5/28.

Winds have suddenly picked up as well and quickly gone overcast.  Hopefully this fast spike will quickly lower to sub-freezing.  It owuld be a shame to have the driveway exposed.

Not going to get above 0F on one of these days this week...won't even be close on the mountain.

Man that was one of the best FROPAs I've seen in a long time. Pure weenie whiteout and 50-70mph winds. We had people laying on the ground in the base area due to wind...kids getting knocked over and debris flying around. One lift recorded a 100mph gust but I doubt that was reality. 70mph certainly possible...rocking cars in the parking lots and plastering them sideways with snow.

That's what weather is all about. Arctic hounds release!

Archived