CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Tracking the Release of the arctic Hounds of Hell

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wind never quit in NNE during the 2004 cold snap, so I doubt Big Black would've approached -50. Sopme places in N.Maine got into the -30s then, but a lot of places there were in the -40s in 2009, including -47 at Allagash. Farther south, MBY had -23 as the low for Jan 2004 (had an aft high of -11, though), and -36 in 2009 - with a high of 7 then down to -34 next morning. Much better decoupling in 2009. Afternoon AFD from CAR suggests this week will be more like 2004 than 2009, with wind and some clouds tomorrow and Thursday. Saw a forecast high of -15 for Maine zone 3 this AM. Ouch! That's true snot-freezing/eyelid anchoring wx.

Yeah i do remember the wind in 04. I also had a colder low from radiating in 09 than 04. -15 in 09 and -10 in 04. Not quite as impressive as yours!

So what is everyone doing to get outside and enjoy this awesome cold snap that they have been waiting for? I just had to come in for a bit, even with my carharts, my hands got cold, time to head back out and chop chop.

clear

Working out in it the majority of the day was not too bad,long underwear and carhartt bibs ftw. Told most

17 and dropping like a rock, its absolutely glorious out here man, wind is dying down and the chopping is easy baby! Thank you Hurricane Sandy!

A mixed blessing type of thanks, like mine in 1998 when I entered winter about 1.5 cords shy, then the ice storm destroyed nearly all the trees in our yard to make up the difference. 

Archived