joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under this lower half of the band, I went outside and saw absolutely no sleet.. but melted flakes... took a black shirt outside and looked for ice.. and it turns out to be ice crystals. IM WAY DOWN IN LEXINGTON SC!  So hold on to hope guys.

That’s not suprising at all if you take a glance at the latest mesoanalysis.  Your 850 temp is colder than anywhere in NC right now... and you 925 temp isn’t too shabby either. Good luck!

No thunder or lightning so far here. I'm surprised to hear of some many people experiencing it. I have yet in my life to experience thundersnow.

Sorry widre....i probably saw it 8 or 9 times tonight. Had to drive from kernersville to north greensboro and back. Really really rough out there. Dot will catch up quickly once it stops. But the lighting was freakin awesome!!

Busted in GA.  Rosie, Moto, etc, I chased to Suches and toward Blue Ridge and back through Suches.  saw light snow on and off for a couple of hours. no accumulation though.  Best snow was at Woody gap.  man it just disapearred fast off the radar.  clear now as I'm back home in Dahlonega.   At least got to see some flakes.  congrats to our neighbors in NC and VA. 

Archived