joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How it's managing to snow to my north and south is just beyond me.

Me too, me too.

All fail on the Western Front here aka Western Mecklenburg County north of the Whitewater Center.  At least during the Summer all that separates me from fishing or kayaking is just about a 100 yard walk down the hill.

snow_summerfieldNC

Still snowing pretty good with more lightning and thunder. The dynamics with this system are amazing. We'd probably have 7 or 8" if it weren't so dang wet to start. It also hasn't dropped below freezing yet. Once it does later, the roads are going to become an ice skating rink. Black ice is going to be an issue the next couple of nights/mornings....be safe.

Moderate snow again. Last hurrah this upcoming hour right at 1 inch. Doesn't sound like a waterfall while its snowing compared to earlier.

its really light here but at least its not raining anymore. i go through your area on the way to work hows the roads look?

One more thing before I finish for the night......

I got a new smartphone recently (Samsung Galaxy III) and I have the interactive wx background...did you expect anything different from a met?  Anyway, early in the night it was showing a thunderstorm (a first) and now it shows snow flakes (also a first). Yes, true weather geekdom at its finest. My wife and kids simply rolled their eyes when I pointed it out to them.

Archived