Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

2.0" here so far

Makes me harken back to my days living there--everyone on the board would be posting how things had let up and what final totals would be, blah blah blah and we'd still be waiting for first flakes.  EB White actually wrote an essay about that--listening to the Boston radio stations reporting on the snow storm that had recently ended while he's waiting for things to begin. 

No one pays attention to what's happening downstream....

27.9/27

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me harken back to my days living there--everyone on the board would be posting how things had let up and what final totals would be, blah blah blah and we'd still be waiting for first flakes.  EB White actually wrote an essay about that--listening to the Boston radio stations reporting on the snow storm that had recently ended while he's waiting for things to begin. 

No one pays attention to what's happening downstream....

27.9/27

Yes mike, Your endings are usually our beginnings up here, The bulk of the precip is suppose to fall this pm here, Starting to see some better flakes as most that fell so far has been grains

I wonder if this just rots over us... visibility is quite high but its accumulating.  This has to be 20:1 or greater ratio snow.  Just like upslope.  Everything is suddenly more white, piles up nicely on every branch, bush, and refreshing the old snowpack.  Falling straight down.

Not going to do anything really to the concrete snowpack...but should pad the seasonal totals just a little bit.

jan16.jpg

Archived