northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised you did so poorly and BDR did so well. I guess a little latitude helped with that warm layer around 800mb.

This has been the case with every event this winter actually. About 1.5" here in Stamford eyeballing, better than I expected...puts my seasonal total to 11.8"...

hmmm just seems odd they got as much as shelton.  One cool thing about this snow and sleet so wet, driving through town it looks like we got a 4 inch snowfall, plow banks are huge

I dont know how much you managed in the Nov 7th event, but they had 8.5" in bridgeport.

:lol:

Just asked my coworker to borrow her ruler....proceeded to walk out the door, take a few measurements....then brught it back....'3.75" ', I uttered..... "what", she snapped back...."I measured my weenie ".......her....."WHY!?"

I told her I'm sick like that....she was like "I guess so"...lol

TMI :axe:

This has been the case with every event this winter actually. About 1.5" here in Stamford eyeballing, better than I expected...puts my seasonal total to 11.8"...

I dont know how much you managed in the Nov 7th event, but they had 8.5" in bridgeport.

seems BDR is high in every event now, where as in the past they were always low. Heck, Blizz of 96, they only reported 15-16 inches while it was clear there was close to 20-22 for most spots. I live about 5-7 miles away from there BTW....

I was 8 on the nose I believe, but they have been higher in every other event this year which is a total reversal of every other season, thats why it seemed odd.

3 inches on the nose. Turned to sleet around 5:45...ended as light rain.

-

good call on your part last night with the low dews...wasnt sure how we were going to do...hope your kids are enjoying the 2 hr delay-mine are off since they have AM class only.

Congrats man! Lets get another inch or two friday and hopefully something big early next week, 1.4 down here at the beach, you will easily tell the difference when you get down this way.  Always amazes me the difference in marginal set ups in our small town.

Enjoy! 

Archived