Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love Tolland DPW..All over things

I think if the town spent less time posting these things and more time plowing, they'd have fewer things they'd feel the need to post about.

The snow coming here reminds me of what I was depressed about in 12/29 lol...nice 1-1.5/hour rates...SN.

Logan is at 2.4 so far so best storm of the year officially for BOS. They should make it to 7" for the year after this storm. I should be about 24".

Lol...clawing to the promised land of a double digit year.....

hmmm just seems odd they got as much as shelton.  One cool thing about this snow and sleet so wet, driving through town it looks like we got a 4 inch snowfall, plow banks are huge

Yeah it almost seems like this morning's sleet came in from the NW in a weird way. Watching on dual pol (take a look at that image I posted a couple hours ago) you could see HVN still ripping while it was pinging to the NW in the Valley. 

I'm surprised you did so poorly and BDR did so well. I guess a little latitude helped with that warm layer around 800mb.

We lost a bit of precip to the rain at the onset, and I would guess it was mostly snow around 2-3 in the morning, and by 6 it was mostly liquid again, so maybe there was more that compacted/melted. I see there is a report out of Old Greenwich with 1 inch, that's the other side of town, but also on the water, so fairly consistent with what I had.

Archived