Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eyeballing 3", 32/32.....Still steady lt/mod snow

Winds still 350-020, so hopefully we can stay all frozen until it shuts down.

Nice to see a morning like this on the CP....

Guess my post from earlier did not post.  I had 2" as of 645-ish when I walked out the door.  Was coming down pretty good too at that time.  Pasted on everything.  Schools open, normal times.

Guess my post from earlier did not post.  I had 2" as of 645-ish when I walked out the door.  Was coming down pretty good too at that time.  Pasted on everything.  Schools open, normal times.

50/50 snow and sleet now.  

Schools are open, but roads are horrible.  Just drove my daughter to school and they haven't touched the roads.  Usually Raynham is really good with plowing, but they got caught unawares with this one.

Managed ~1.5(1.4, 1.6, 1.5 obs) here but that was just measured 5 minutes ago so after compaction. A pleasant suprise considering that noontime yestarday we were looking at close to nothing. 34.5 right now and light drizzle with a few sleets mixed in. Looks like we are about done for the snow, good luck to everyone else.

EDIT: schools are on 90 min delay, roads look ugly.

-skisheep

50/50 snow and sleet now.  

Schools are open, but roads are horrible.  Just drove my daughter to school and they haven't touched the roads.  Usually Raynham is really good with plowing, but they got caught unawares with this one.

Yeah, I texted my wife to say my commute was slow.  'Bout an hour, twice as long as usual.  She did say it was barely snowing as of about 10min ago.  Roads were untouched from my house all the way to work, basically,  Nothing plowed from what I could tell.  Treated, yes.  Saw one car in the ditch on the N side of I-495 just before the Bay St exit.  Looked like an Isuzu 4x4.

barely an inch here, can still see grass....yet another mystery dry hole opens up on radar over merrimack county this morning. At least others are doing well, but this one sucks again (3rd storm in a row underperformed) up here.

lol relax. We're supposed to score in the PM. We have more than I expected for 815am.

barely an inch here, can still see grass....yet another mystery dry hole opens up on radar over merrimack county this morning.  At least others are doing well, but this one sucks again (3rd storm in a row underperformed) up here.

Scott mentioned it yesterday, but the GFS did have that sneaky drying aloft over NH especially.

Archived