12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes in these cases..we get some backbuidling as it pushes east.  We'll see though.

This performed almost exactly as we thought

Yeah probably wouldn't change the forecast at all. The typical slant-stickers in New Haven County are a bit over my upper total but that's to be expected. 

AWT along and north of I-84. Everything did tick like an hour or two faster but that seems to always happen. I think someone between me and you tickles 5" with this. Nice advisory event.

Yeah probably wouldn't change the forecast at all. The typical slant-stickers in New Haven County are a bit over my upper total but that's to be expected. 

AWT along and north of I-84. Everything did tick like an hour or two faster but that seems to always happen. I think someone between me and you tickles 5" with this. Nice advisory event.

Let's top it off with a bit of ice to lock it in

Yeah there will be some meh stuff after 8:00... but I think most of the accumulating snow is done in next 2 hours. Radar sucks around Poughkeepsie and that stuff is moving east.

The collapse of steady stuff is moving more N-S than E-W, so folks above 84/hartford are probably less than an hour to go on any good accumulating stuff.  longer as you head south of there.  Of course, that's where mixing will be taking place, too.

The collapse of steady stuff is moving more N-S than E-W, so folks above 84/hartford are probably less than an hour to go on any good accumulating stuff.  longer as you head south of there.  Of course, that's where mixing will be taking place, too.

I should say 'steady, heavier'.  The steady lighter stuff will continue.

:lol:

I clarified my comment--steady yes.  But lighter than what you've had.  That'll continue into afternoon I think.  As the models showed and the radar suggests.

MPM is right things are shutting down quickly in SE NY. Models agree with not a whole lot of accumulating stuff after 12z (maybe an inch of snow?). 

Thanks for the acknowledgement--good to know that I might not be completley off-base.  There are still soe nice little bursts after the heavy stuff breaks.  Having one right now.  Essnetially I htink the general advisory amounts of 3-6 were spot-on.  Some folks will go over the top throughout the region (perhaps even here)I don't think too many people will come under.

Just went out to take a measurement.  3.75" and ripping!  28/27

Nice--you got into the stuff that went through Mitch and Pete I think

Looks like pretty uniform 3-4" totals so far across most of CT NW of I-95, but the northeast hills near Tolland, Stafford and Union may make out the best with storm totals of 4-6" possible.

MPM is right things are shutting down quickly in SE NY. Models agree with not a whole lot of accumulating stuff after 12z (maybe an inch of snow?). 

i would say another 2-3 before it ends

Archived