Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Storm Obs and discussion 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe my amounts will work out there after all. Nice band moving ENE.

Check out the radar from Albany--what a band heading along the pike--a thing of beauty.  If that can hold a band runing the width of Springfield to Northampton heading ENE is going to be the jackpot.  Would love the upper end to bump north 25 miles.

25.8/24

Because there was uncertainty in where a decent bands sets up. But, it seems like its working out where I thought however that's very preliminary. I thought 5 for BDL and 7 for ORH.

IMO this was a fairly easy one to forecast.. Widspread 3-6 lolli to 8 all of interior SNE.

Wildcard was always coast from LL to you

I'mm out to gallop like a Clydesdale

enough of this eye-balling crap......take a measurement.  :)

I just did and was shocked at how my visual guess was off. Three separate measurements coming between 2 and 2.2".  There's gotta be a whole lotta fluff happening in this.  Don't let the air out of that balloon!  I'm sure settling for official 6-hour measurements will allow for some compression.

25.9/24

About 2 1/2" here in West Hartford it's coming down pretty good right now too. 

Dual pol shows some melting going on around 4kft from Waterbury to Danbury on I-84 so some sleet mixing in with the snow there I'm sure.  That will tickle east toward Meriden/Middletown/Moosup next hour or so. 

I measured 3 inches on driveway

Interestingly, we're not that far off from you up here.  That said, radar's not as robust as it had been, though visual under the porchlights still showing a great clip of snow for reasonable--not great--flakes.  Somewhere between you and me is where the jackpot will be.  Right along the Pike if the radar's to be believed.

Archived