wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost on the Clinton line at 200ft and got 9.5". And another met on here measured 8.5" haha. No biggie but they didn't get 12". Maybe 10".

Who knows.

I'm going back through reports and had a report from Clinton of 7.0" at 6:30 p.m. from one source. Another said "over a foot," but I don't take reports like that seriously.

Off the record, I would lean towards your 10" remark.

FWIW, here's the photo Gil sent to me at 8:15 p.m.

post-533-0-93072100-1356889218_thumb.jpg

One in November and an 11" in December? That's better than normal. You're ahead of the curve.

You two are mistaking "normal." He's talking about what he expects...you are talking about what climo says to expect ;)

Looks pretty sweet though now to have pretty much wall-to-wall snow cover (and a large area of 12" or greater) across all of New England...from NW to SE and SW to NE.

Pretty rare to get this sort of widespread cover with some depth to it prior to New Years.

I'm almost on the Clinton line at 200ft and got 9.5". And another met on here measured 8.5" haha. No biggie but they didn't get 12". Maybe 10".

Foxboro 8"...we basically tied on that bet b/c you had 9" and I said 5-7 no more than 8.

As for Dedham we got about 5", we probably had 7 total before the rain washed away the first 2". Nearby Needham got 8", Norwood got 7.5".

Well it ended up respectable here. The cf was right overhead and we never really went to all rain for more than a few minutes. Spotter reported 5.5 in Brookline and that seems right. Just back from the woods with my beloved snow living dog. Magnificent winter day with decent and fresh snow clever plastered to the trees and bushes, gray sky, subfreezing.,,perfect! Will have pics when I fix the cloud hopefully later.

I typically just lurk here as I am only a severe weather lover. Perhaps a refresher on the proper way to correctly measure snow would be good. Could anyone do this?

Snow board in a clear area away from trees and wind if possible. Measure every six hours, clean in between, or once in 24 hours. Simple. Or take ten measurements in undrifted areas and average.

Archived