gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn't a myth....you're always in the right spot....it's orographically favored...and it's equidistant among the balance of the state.

I'm not disagreeing with you that is a climo good spot...but we sometimes get the shaft. Ala Dec 21, 2008....though we did mange 8" in that...but not your 13". ORH airport and my area does have good upslope though on easterly component wind events, so that def helps.

This event though was lucky in the mid-levels...ORH was just far enough east to get the good banding.

Well it's MY biggest snow pack since 3/6/11. About 13" or so but will settle quickly to 11-12".

And yeah who knows where I will end up but it won't be 400' in Shrewsbury most likely.

This will prob settle to 9-10" by mid next week. The snow is light. Sublimation and compaction will take its toll. But we'll finally get really cold for you guys in the radiational cooling spots....not me of course, but it will still be colder than otherwise without fresh snow pack.

Quick question, does not measuring using the 6 hour method make my snow totals less?

Yes if you didn't clear after every 6 hours, your measurement would be less. But acceptable measurements can be both as long as one measurement is made within a 24 hour period. So sometimes that can create an apples to oranges comparison.

We were bit less than 10" when I went out a while ago, and a 10.5" spotter report in West Warwick. Was thinking they'd come in around 9.

Okay, def sounds like PVD was low then....I didn't realize how much you had there. That is impressive.

PVD is in an awful spot remember...like Logan airport...they are sticking out basically in the bay.

12.7" in Milford is the winner so far. It's the public, so not sure how legit it is. I would think Paul's report would say "spotter" next to it.

Its prob close. They def got a bit more than I did. And if its in the spot in Milford that has like 400-450 feet of elevation, then I think its pretty close.

Archived