• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

Here's the snowfall total map I came up with for Connecticut.

I didn't do a color for 12"+, because there's some question as to the validity of those. Instead, I included a dashed contour for 'localized 12"+'.

Link with 151 reports referenced.

post-533-0-53598700-1356910291_thumb.png

Nice map Q dog.

A little OT but I never realized how big the town of Newtown was.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the sledding master. I used to race people all the time when I was younger and win.

Me too. Then, one day when I was probably 9-10 years old, I went over a jump I had piled up and got the wind knocked out of me. Not being able to breath for what felt like eternity deeply scarred me and I never touched a sled again.

Me too. Then, one day when I was probably 9-10 years old, I went over a jump I had piled up and got the wind knocked out of me. Not being able to breath for what felt like eternity deeply scarred me and I never touched a sled again.

I had a few accidents too, but that's scary ****. I got stuck under a car once lol.

Yeah almost a foot of powder with bulletprrof concrete underneath..

Dude, I just wanted to tell you that your enthusiasm for snow is awesome, and you are so often right on the money while others are all meh looking at the models before a storm.

You take a lot of crap around here, but you make this board a great place to be.

I don't post much, but I am here for every storm, and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Keep up the good calls, and Happy New Year!

Dude, I just wanted to tell you that your enthusiasm for snow is awesome, and you are so often right on the money while others are all meh looking at the models before a storm.

You take a lot of crap around here, but you make this board a great place to be.

I don't post much, but I am here for every storm, and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Keep up the good calls, and Happy New Year!

Lol..thanks dude..I appreciate it..

My glass is always half full..that's how we roll.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Looks great, John. Is that a picture of your house? I know exactly where that is--not far from the house I lived in when I was in Bath. I was at 26 Corliss.

Thanks Mike! Actually, my house is behind me in the photo. That's the neighbors house. My place is beside the old church (now a residence) just before the Winnegance Bridge. Know Corliss well.

That video is awesome.

Those flakes are the definition of great snow growth. I love the meso-scale snow up here because we often see snow growth that is incredibly difficult to achieve in synoptic storms.

J.Spin recorded 1.9" on 0.02" of liquid...and took 3 cores to confirm. That's nuts. That's almost 100:1 ratios. It is hard to comprehend just how fluffy the meso-scale snow can be up here. Glad you got to document it and enjoy it! Now you know why we get so excited when the models print out trace amounts of QPF on the maps. We'll be in the lightest QPF shading and end up getting 0.07" of QPF with 4" of snow, lol.

LOL absolutely and that is incredible! It was absolute fluff and you are right about the snow growth!

Unless you want to beat someone by a. 25 margin, slant sticking again lol

lolz.

I saw our totals and was kind of chuckling inside at that. Neck and neck we go. I suppose we are the two closest members on the forum. Makes it interesting, although I think most times you will beat me out by a few inches at the end of the season due to elevation when it matters most.

lolz.

I saw our totals and was kind of chuckling inside at that. Neck and neck we go. I suppose we are the two closest members on the forum. Makes it interesting, although I think most times you will beat me out by a few inches at the end of the season due to elevation when it matters most.

I think in total in the last three years we are..75 apart, amazing really.

I think in total in the last three years we are..75 apart, amazing really.

Yes it is.

Will be different this year if I'm still in NY during the weekdays when snow falls. I have to trust my wife on here measuring abilities. I'm rather strict about my snow board. I (gently) snapped at her yesterday when she moved the marker I use to find the board in the snow. lol.

Thanks Mike! Actually, my house is behind me in the photo. That's the neighbors house. My place is beside the old church (now a residence) just before the Winnegance Bridge. Know Corliss well.

My in-laws are still in Bath on Trefont (?) St on the north end. I'll let you know next time we're heading up; maybe we can grab coffee at Cafe Creme.

Archived