wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALB at 12.9 for the month..gonna finish a few below unless something happens tomorrow evening.

Here I'm at about 22" for the month. Not a bad comeback after the torch first three weeks.

BUF at 36.9F, +6.5F for December. In place for the 5th warmest on record, but may lose a couple more spots over today and tomorrow. 19.6" with those temp departures is pretty impressive.

Still about 6-7" below normal for the month.

Climo very interesting for this storm. Those that went to rain esp in e side of lynnfield and w peabody got maybe 3 inches, meanwhile seekonk ma gets 10, . Here in wakefield we stayed snow throughout (which warms my heart) but only pull'd 5 inches. I think I was in a bit of a qpf screw zone. I know that between 730 and 845 nothing accumulated and the snow was pretty light w very large wet flakes. Look'd like I was in subsidence zone for almost an hour. Nobody in essex county got much thanks to getting torch'd bl for the upteenth time. I would have to guess that climo in essex county really kicks in 2nd half of winter when ocean temps cool.

I know the totals were nowhere near as high across eastern Mass., but this analog wasn't as bad as many initially thought it would be. I had posted earlier that climo favored some of the highest totals from eastern Conn., northwestern R.I. up into interior eastern Mass.

As a few pointed out, there was clearly a lot less cold air in place for this event. If it had been colder, given the liquid equivalent precipitation amounts, we probably would have had an even closer match-up:

snow020703.gif

Archived