Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOS had 107.6" in '95-'96 and 96.3" in '93-'94

My dream is to see the elusive 100" season down here. 60-61 had 90" so it's clearly possible as there was basically nothing that winter after the 2/4 storm dropped 2'.If 60-61 had kept on chugging deeper into February and March, might Westchester have seen 100" of snow in a single winter?

I thought we were heading towards this territory in 10-11 until the pattern broke down completely and we punted February and March. At the end of January 2011, I had about 60" and the pattern looked like it was going to continue cold and stormy based on the ECM and GFS....we narrowly missed on the Chicago blizzard/Groundhog's Day getting 2" snow then ice, and then a storm that was modeled right after that disappeared. Do you remember how the models were initially showing Groundhog's Day 2011 further south and then another blizzard right after it?

I am not feeling a real big winter this time around, though.....probably a moderate one. I think the PNA is too variable and there's not enough NAO blocking being modeled to expect a blockbuster.

heavy heavy sublimation

4" of concrete, 9" of fluff. Snow aint goin anywhere.

9.3" today.

15.7" season.

Had 18" all last year. And Lsc only has 10" more than me on the year now lol

I have about 20" at home and assuming Plymouth got 4" from this event based on surrounding reports, they have 18.5" on the year. Who would have thought I'd be beating them at this point.

I had over 100" where I was south of the city on '93-94. That was the first real winter where I just was dumbfounded by snow.

That's crazy...though see my note about 60-61 laying down 90" here.

I have never experienced a 100" winter. The most I got in Middlebury was probably around 85" in 08-09. I had ~70" here in Dobbs Ferry two years in a row, 09-10 and 10-11. I only had 57.5" in Rindge last year where I actually had a decent chance to hit the century mark, which was very disappointing. Especially when 25" of that came in October.

That's crazy...though see my note about 60-61 laying down 90" here.

I have never experienced a 100" winter. The most I got in Middlebury was probably around 85" in 08-09. I had ~70" here in Dobbs Ferry two years in a row, 09-10 and 10-11. I only had 57.5" in Rindge last year where I actually had a decent chance to hit the century mark, which was very disappointing. Especially when 25" of that came in October.

Well when you space it out..I mean it's not like I averaged a 3' snowpack. I even got semi screwed by the early Feb OES storm where just NE of me had 30"(I lived in interior SE MA...Brockton). However, I was in heaven.

Archived