joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate to heavy snow falling here in New Haven, with some occasional enormous flakes mixed in, we're talking up to several inches in diameter, and the overall intensity seems to still be increasing, as per radar... Barring any flips back to rain - which is looking increasingly unlikely to happen - we should rack up some serious snow totals over the next few hours. As far as our area is concerned, this storm is behaving like an overachieving prodigal child.

you know i wouldn't have believed this was possible if i hadn't seen it a couple years back in burlington mass. in the feb 2010 elevation event that crushed areas to the NW. literal clumps of snow falling from the sky that were about 2.5 in diameter and had some thickness to them. i'm looking forward to the wall of snow that approaches

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm on the northwest side of Worcester, about 3 miles from the Holden border. Light snow became moderate over the last ten minutes, now bordering on heavy. Looking at radar, I think we barely stay on the good side of the "suck zone". Could easily see northwest Worcester County get 1-3 while southeast down toward the RI border scores a spot 10".

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm on the northwest side of Worcester, about 3 miles from the Holden border. Light snow became moderate over the last ten minutes, now bordering on heavy. Looking at radar, I think we barely stay on the good side of the "suck zone". Could easily see northwest Worcester County get 1-3 while southeast down toward the RI border scores a spot 10".

Yup for sure. You should do decently, though! Probably as good as 12/27.

Archived