Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's depressing isn't it...

I love the snow, but reading about this storm has been entertaining.. the winter is still young... its probably my memory failing me but in 95-96 when pvd got crushed I dont' remember winter really starting until after the first.. I could be wrong. ( sorry that is off topic)

Zone forecast for me has 11-19" plus additional light accums Friday. Synoptic plus upslope always a winning combo.

This is what dreams are made of:

Tonight

Snow...mainly after midnight. Snow may be heavy at times after midnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Lows around 16. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Thursday

Snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the morning. Additional snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds around 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph in the morning...becoming light and variable. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Thursday Night

Snow. Additional snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows around 18. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Friday

Snow likely. Additional light snow accumulation possible. Highs in the mid 20s. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Just to give you guys an idea how things are going with the storm down near NYC.

SN/IP

31.5/30

2.25" accumulation

Winds: NNE

Pounding nicely but a lot of mixing right now...850mb freezing line has advanced into south-central NJ and 925mb temperatures are up to -2C from -4C earlier. Getting worried about a changeover down here but the storm has definitely been colder than forecast by NWS and more like the Euro temperature profiles.

Archived