joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coastal front in NE MA and SE NH will not move very far inland. As the low develops and moves NE, winds will probably back a little NE instead of E so this won't be a situation where the CF flies inland by 50 miles.

What are you thinking for yourself? SPC shows 925mb temps near -5C with 850mb temps around -1.5C. Can that overcome the mid 30s boundary layer? Deewpoints have gotten higher up there than down here with east winds, but you are still OK in the mid-levels even rather close to the surface.

I may bust for Boston but still not sure they can't flash over.

What are you thinking for yourself? SPC shows 925mb temps near -5C with 850mb temps around -1.5C. Can that overcome the mid 30s boundary layer? Deewpoints have gotten higher up there than down here with east winds, but you are still OK in the mid-levels even rather close to the surface.

I may bust for Boston but still not sure they can't flash over.

Well if I can't drop to like 33 and snow, probably little snow. I'm not much different than Logan. 37 here.

LOL....BOS up to 37. East wind (090) doing its dirty work. It is possible however that the onset of steady precip will drop it since the dew is 29

yep Jer' . Whipped all the way out here to Ayer, too. I came out of the gym with a dusting on everything and I was thinking wow, it must have accelerated but no - small OES packets delivering even west of 495!!

Intellicast p-type graphics indicating that the mix/transition line has come to halt right about on top of the LI sound beaches of the south coast. Interesting.

Also, am noticing that all that convective looking action over the central App associated with the ULL is now flipping to mix and snow. It's like the whole system it going polar.

very little of this thing's out put is now rain and it's all S over the water or on the beaches only... Yet, we are looking down the barrel of a change to rain?

jesus -

LOL....BOS up to 37. East wind (090) doing its dirty work. It is possible however that the onset of steady precip will drop it since the dew is 29

No chance with a gusty wind from the East and the ocean temps still above 40. I'm no met but years of living in Dedham taught me that much. Inside of 128 will get nada for this storm.

Thanks...I stayed the course and witnessed a nice snowfall. I might bust up there though in/near BOS.

I hope I can flip back to snow for this mega-band. SPC shows the 850 line just south of me but it's snowing down by Earthlight and in coastal CT, so we'll see....

That was a typo Nate. It's rain by him

Archived