12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Areas west of 93/95 are still in good shape. I'm right on the border of that line right now but I'll be to the east of that line soon enough.

. Bl torched alread for bos and imm. Coast. Se NH will have sharp cf but longitude in sne will beat latitude ( within 10 miles of coast) well into ne mass . Somewhere on the western edge of cf in n mass will prob have power issues from heavy mash'd potatoes. Can't wait to see where r/s line sets up in ne mass. Right now I'm sitting at 18f :)

. Bl torched alread for bos and imm. Coast. Se NH will have sharp cf but longitude in sne will beat latitude ( within 10 miles of coast) well into ne mass . Somewhere on the western edge of cf in n mass will prob have power issues from heavy mash'd potatoes. Can't wait to see where r/s line sets up in ne mass. Right now I'm sitting at 18f :)

Good obs and I agree.

Yeah, we're toast. So much for the suspense; it's already raining in Cambridge.

MIT Green Bldg (the tall one right on the Charles with the big radar globe on top):

36.7 / 32, ENE/E winds... thanks to marine influence, we don't need to wait for warm advection aloft

it's ovah before it started in Boston metro

No surprise here, when Nate questioned why mets were so low for BOS...here you go. We know this area. The area from Jerry to 128 could still get some accumulation when the meat of the band comes. The atmosphere will cool, but not much hope here near the water.

Is it the easterly component to the wind that is the killer this go-round? I mean, it does snow in Boston from time to time. And it does not need to be sub-zero to do so.

I know a 12/30/00 when I smell one...lol

I had to remind myself... my walking meteorologic memory is not anywhere as good as yours lol

Yeah great analogy for eastern SNE...

(of course NYC / NJ won't be anywhere close to foot+ totals, and central MA / NH / VT look to get pounded tonight)

l2/16/07 featured a long duration snow (8 inches before the change) at BOS with an east wind. But the difference is of course in the antecedent airmass. That was probably 2 standard deviations below normal cold. This one was just about normal. You need deep cold for these to work out with late December SST and we don't have that now.

Is it the easterly component to the wind that is the killer this go-round? I mean, it does snow in Boston from time to time. And it does not need to be sub-zero to do so.

Usually with clippers BOS gets snow just due to the wind field of it. This was one of those that came from the SW and up the coast with that E wind.

. Well if were talkin bout within 5 miles of coast, I'd say that's accurate. Salem isn't NH coast. Newbury,mass extreme n mass coast is 36/31.5. Not much accum likely

I'm new to the area and still learning like I've said. Is climo really that much different between NE MA where not much snow is forecast and SE NH where away from the coast could get 6-8"?

To be completely honest...I didn't even notice that until I saw it on here. I'm too IMBY central haha. But yeah, that's terrible for the NH/ N MA coast. You aren't getting 1-3". 5-8" is more like it.

Who's on tonight? You've talked to most of them, so can't we just call them up and have you do the broadcast instead? ;)

Haha! Gutner was on 4, Harv on 5, PB and JR on 7, TK on NECN, not sure of Fox.

Haha! Gutner was on 4, Harv on 5, PB and JR on 7, TK on NECN, not sure of Fox.

Haha thanks.

If you hit the midpoint of that in MHT (14") I will ban myself.

What would you call for MHT?

That WMUR map is really well done IMO. And typically I have issues with their maps.

Except for eastern Mass, I agree. They obviously aren't focusing on that area though so it should be fine.

Archived