12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to give you guys an idea how things are going with the storm down near NYC.

SN/IP

31.5/30

2.25" accumulation

Winds: NNE

Pounding nicely but a lot of mixing right now...850mb freezing line has advanced into south-central NJ and 925mb temperatures are up to -2C from -4C earlier. Getting worried about a changeover down here but the storm has definitely been colder than forecast by NWS and more like the Euro temperature profiles.

That would bode very well upstream here, Low temps are busting low already up here

Harv gave a lecture on Feb 1978 and described the scud invasion before that one - and how scared/nervous it made him to see that.

How'd that work out ?

You and I were at the same presentation! I believe he said when temps shot up...."Oh now...don't do this to me"....lol

Somehow I don't think the systems are comparable.

1. 1978: Miller B

2. 1978: Very cold antecedent for a long time.

But you weren't comparing. ;)

Still ripping and reading the RPM though. :axe: Look at my house..1-3"

To be completely honest...I didn't even notice that until I saw it on here. I'm too IMBY central haha. But yeah, that's terrible for the NH/ N MA coast. You aren't getting 1-3". 5-8" is more like it.

Who's on tonight? You've talked to most of them, so can't we just call them up and have you do the broadcast instead? ;)

MIT Green Bldg (the tall one right on the Charles with the big radar globe on top):

36.7 / 32, ENE/E winds... thanks to marine influence, we don't need to wait for warm advection aloft

it's ovah before it started in Boston metro

Areas west of 93/95 are still in good shape. I'm right on the border of that line right now but I'll be to the east of that line soon enough.

. It looks like s ct (ESP SW) is gonna do well wrt front end thump. They could do better on ene winds then much of emass . What time do the models bring the warm tonged(725-825mb) into hartford Danbury?

I think the 18z GFS temperature profiles have been pretty decent and going by 800 mb it has 0C up to around

- New Haven at 03Z

- MA/CT border at 06Z

- MA Pike or just north at around 09Z

- MA/NH border at 12Z

from there it just pushes barely into SNH and S VT and doesn't go any further north than that.

I think this will probably be a decent expectation for when folks begin to ping and/or change over completely to pingers. (if these are delayed I think it'll be reflective of the somewhat colder foreign models)

http://www.instantwe...=800mb&hour=006

To be completely honest...I didn't even notice that until I saw it on here. I'm top IMBY central haha. But yeah, that's terrible for the NH/ N MA coast. You aren't getting 1-3". 5-8" is more like it.

Who's on tonight? You've talked to most of them, so can't we just call them up and have you do the broadcast instead? ;)

Yeah I'd be very surprised if salem-atkinson-haverhill only got 1-3". I agree with 5-8.

MIT Green Bldg (the tall one right on the Charles with the big radar globe on top):

36.7 / 32, ENE/E winds... thanks to marine influence, we don't need to wait for warm advection aloft

it's ovah before it started in Boston metro

It may start as a very wet snow, but it's the reason why this area sucked from the get go.

Archived