Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 27/28 Storm Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it was Ek that said that and that info isn't correct. Only the p-type algorithm is screwed up so if the snow flag isn't triggered, the SREF snow probs get weighed down. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the ARW members.

We almost always see this with front end thumps....a pesky warm layer between 700-850mb that is often warmer than progged. I'm leaning towards the colder Euro, but these warm runs aloft are in the back of my mind.

Maybe it was Chris, And yes it affected the mean for snowfall

Yeah they were out in full force on Xmas Eve doing that too. And the snow still stuck oddly enough lol. I'm just glad they stopped using sand mixed in with the salt. They stopped that BS 3 or 4 yrs ago. I used to complain to them all the time about that. Sand does nothing in snow or ice as cars / plows just kick it off road.and it would get all over your carpet, rugs etc

I wonder what the green stuff is, I have to guess it's glycol? Our town only plowed 31/44 and left the other streets unplowed after yesterdays storm.

Sitting at 30F here with a NE wind whistling around my house.

The clock ticks closer to see if BOX upgrades southern ORH and northern CT. I guess that's where they were alluding to with their changed headlines--though their 1:00p.m. map has me scratching my head in relation to that statement.

Really like what Albany's doing with their map.....

It matches up with BOX now

The clock ticks closer to see if BOX upgrades southern ORH and northern CT. I guess that's where they were alluding to with their changed headlines--though their 1:00p.m. map has me scratching my head in relation to that statement.

Really like what Albany's doing with their map.....

Thanks, I have been thinking the same thing

Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment tonight, may I present ... the HRRR

post-128-0-07586400-1356554467_thumb.png

We'll never hear from Mitch again........

LOL...when I saw that I couldn't resist tweeting it. That's 38"+ for my location. Obviously something is up with the convective schemes in this version of the HRRR model...

Archived