12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully its a burp run...not a very pretty system otherwise. It would still be our most wintry system of the season with front end snow and a period of distinct icing there over parts of the interior of CNE from ORH to S/C NH...but then eventually just about everyone would go to rain. Hopefully we get back to a bit more tame system.

It was an ugly run right from the start

Why would you buy rope over a model run 114 hours out?

lol i bought the rope awhile ago and the post was to be taken as a joke

i never really expected much with the second system on the CP was hoping for front end dump and anything else as bonus , i was on board for a couple inches on the first for -Union to ORH- with details to be figured out later

114 hrs isn't that far out. it's 4 hrs off of euro's "lock'd in zone of 4.5 days) . i know things can change tonite. But when ukie/gem are the two solutions showing an amp'd look for the first system v. gfs/euro (awaiting the euro ens) that seems like a strong lean toward the latter (if euro ens agree with op) , a flatter wave w first system which would allow the second system to go further west, it kinda seems unlikely that things will change that much more positively, unless the flatter first wave / more west second wave is not accurate.

lol i bought the rope awhile ago and the post was to be taken as a joke

i never really expected much with the second system on the CP was hoping for front end dump and anything else as bonus , i was on board for a couple inches on the first for -Union to ORH- with details to be figured out later

114 hrs isn't that far out. it's 4 hrs off of euro's "lock'd in zone of 4.5 days) . i know things can change tonite. But when ukie/gem are the two solutions showing an amp'd look for the first system v. gfs/euro that seems like a strong lean toward the latter , a flatter wave w first system which would allow the second system to go further west. is that off

The GFS and Euro really are not similar for the first system. GFS is much more amped...not as much as the Ukie/GGEM, but a lot more than the Euro. I think people are obsessing over the first system affecting the 2nd one a little too much. It does affect it...but there are upstream differences between the amped and more SE solutions and also difference in how both are handling the block to the north of Hudson Bay.

Once again models lead and mets follow. What a drastic change that its so hard to believe

It really isn't a "drastic" change ... at least synoptically. There's still a fairly strong intermediate/southern stream wave that amplifies and quasi-closes as it then lifts up the eastern seaboard, either way, whether there is rain or snow as a primary result aside.

But, since American Weather Forum is really actually in reality American Snow Obsession Sickness Consortium, I can see why it could be construed as a "drastic" change if the models et al dare impugn a snow threat.

haha - j/k. Seriously though, I think differences from the 50, 000 foot view are actually very small - it's just that small variances in a pattern such as this can have a meaningful influence on the sensible outcome. There really is a bit of a needle-threader about this 27th+ system, in that the NAO is rising rapidly at that time and my not feature much blocking downstream if at all by then. I was toying about that aspect this morning, and that the loss of -NAO type blocking might favor more of an open system then some of those previous slow down vertically stacking jobs.

Euro ensembles are kind of what you would expect at this time range....about 50-75 miles E of the OP at 120 hours. It would still give a lot of ptype issues.But regardless, as mentioned no matter what the models show at this point....still a long ways to go.

Archived