• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah I agree. You can see some signals that tell me C NE may still be OK. It helps that the storm is already maturing so we're shutting down some of the really strong advective processes which may actually help prevent the torch. You can see the battle being waged in the mid levels.

Also... it is tough to get a surface low up to BGM without getting some kind of secondary reflection hugging to coast to help tug down a bit of BL chill with a northerly ageostrophic drag.

Maybe we can manufacture a Kevin meltdown out of this...if I can squeeze out like 4-5" on the front end while the snow line is rotting near the pike for like 3 hours before lifting north and he is 33F and RA+

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can manufacture a Kevin meltdown out of this...if I can squeeze out like 4-5" on the front end while the snow line is rotting near the pike for like 3 hours before lifting north and he is 33F and RA+

I will post 1,000,000 pictures from Killington at 2kft while his 0.5" from Tuesday morning (that is slant sticked to an inch and a half) melts away and runs down the hill.

Yeah I agree. You can see some signals that tell me C NE may still be OK. It helps that the storm is already maturing so we're shutting down some of the really strong advective processes which may actually help prevent the torch. You can see the battle being waged in the mid levels.

Also... it is tough to get a surface low up to BGM without getting some kind of secondary reflection hugging to coast to help tug down a bit of BL chill with a northerly ageostrophic drag.

Killington vacation bias? Lol. I really hope it works out for ya.

This run is a snow to a sleet scenario for interior SNE - the mets aren't helping the cause here.

It would go to rain eventually too. But I definitely think the storm has some potential to stay all or mostly frozen over the interior...as Ryan already said, its relatively rare that we get a low going over BGM that has been trying to stretch a secondary sfc relfection to the east and never actually form one.

The CAD signal is pretty strong too with a large area of 1030-ish high in Quebec setting the table at 84h.

This run is a snow to a sleet scenario for interior SNE - the mets aren't helping the cause here.

It would go to rain eventually too. But I definitely think the storm has some potential to stay all or mostly frozen over the interior...

That term pisses me off to no end, because it's so loosely defined. It means something different to each person.

Im not sure the GFS depiction is all that likely. The surface reflection is one on side of the apps nearer the coast, and the URL is clear across NY state on the other side. Does this kind of thing work out?

It would go to rain eventually too. But I definitely think the storm has some potential to stay all or mostly frozen over the interior...as Ryan already said, its relatively rare that we get a low going over BGM that has been trying to stretch a secondary sfc relfection to the east and never actually form one.

The CAD signal is pretty strong too with a large area of 1030-ish high in Quebec setting the table at 84h.

South of the Pike and inside 495 that kind of track is just ugly. No other way to look at it.

Whether areas like ORH can stay frozen... that's a possibility... but still not very pleasant looking.

No it wouldn't in the interior. The antecedent air mass is too cold to withstand a surge to a mere +2C at 850, which then collapses very quickly eastward.

It's an unusual depiction where storm motion is faster than the critical thickness' can mix out. You guys are wrong. "IF" this solution panned, you'd snow hard for 4-6 hours, and then sleet madly for another 3-5 hours, followed by underside snizzle.

But I don't think this solution is the be-all for this event, either. Just sayin', relative to this solution.

The Euro will probably do a better job showing the secondary formation. It sure looks like there should be one along the coastal plain in SNE or something.

South of the Pike and inside 495 that kind of track is just ugly. No other way to look at it.

Whether areas like ORH can stay frozen... that's a possibility... but still not very pleasant looking.

Yeah I agree. The pike will often be a dividing line in the interior if a secondayr gets going late. Kevin gets stuck at 34F and rian a lot in that.

But if we keep this low to the west over BGM with no secondary reflection, then it won't matter if we are in Tolland, ORH, or Marlow, NH in Cheshire county....everyone will eventually go to 42F and rain.

I seems like you guys are on autopilot because of that inland (unrealistic?) track. Snow to sleet then cuts off on this run.

It's midland intensity-wise, too. Not that big of a deal. That's another issue for me for correction's sake. You got a solid slab of BL resistance in place, and the models ( even the Euro) just bullies a weak SD anomaly through it - I have a problem with this day's runs, big time!

No it wouldn't in the interior. The antecedent air mass is too cold to withstand a surge to a mere +2C at 850, which then collapses very quickly eastward.

It's an unusual depiction where storm motion is faster than the critical thickness' can mix out. You guys are wrong. "IF" this solution panned, you'd snow hard for 4-6 hours, and then sleet madly for another 3-5 hours, followed by underside snizzle.

But I don't think this solution is the be-all for this event, either. Just sayin', relative to this solution.

terrible

Archived