12bet1 net
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We stay the course

81abd9d78935f252b3398c42711f96e2_normal.jpegJoe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi

JMA, UKMET.Canadian all big city heavier options, GFS, ecmwf west, Has to do with energy transfer timing and feedback No change from me

LOL I'm starting to think Blizz and Bastardi are the same person.

Taking the JMA/UKMET/GGEM over the GFS/EURO just because of where they have snows... yikes.

There are going to be many more changes over the next 4-5 days...

Dendrite busting out the logic. How dare you!

On storm 1 I'd go with the GGEM qpf but colder. Storm 2 ride last nights JMA. It'll all work out.

lol... cherry pick the model runs and then adjust further from there based on the outcome you want to end up at. That's what they teach you when you go to Met School right?

LOL I'm starting to think Blizz and Bastardi are the same person.

Taking the JMA/UKMET/GGEM over the GFS/EURO just because of where they have snows... yikes.

There are going to be many more changes over the next 4-5 days...

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. I cannot even recall offhand where inside 120 hours the JMA/UKMET/GEM beat the Euro/GFS if they were split in that manner.

OT but re the Mayans....I saw a few intviewed who stated that the calendar ending had nothing to do with the end of the world...just the end of a cycle but hijacked by non Mayans.

Was just it with the dog....4 miles to the top of Corey Hill to throw the ball and back. Windy and cold. Winter setting in.

LOL...and I'm the pessimist. You guys really need to get a grip. It's the 18z GFS, isn't that run off a TRS80 or something like that? We're fine, at least 96 hours of snow incoming this week.

Well I'm not sure anyone was locking onto a blizzard in SNE besides Kevin. Most of us recognized that we were in model weenie land.

The storm still has potential... but the trend today on the op runs and the ensembles is discouraging for most of New England. To be honest, I'm quite concerned about day 1 of skiing up in central VT at 3500 feet lol.

I don't think anyone was sold on both being snowy, at least here in the coast.

I sure was not, and have said so and got lots of JB tweets and LOL's hey things can change, and they will I am sure. But, you Will, Ryan, Phil and HM have laid it out on the table for weeks.

This should be no surprise to anyone, and it may change back again who knows. Snow was never a lock this coming week, I hope it can happen.

Hopefully things can turn heading into January or for that matter later next week.

If you discount all of the insane snowfall predictions that are thrown around on a daily basis, and actually look at the pattern and listen to you guys things are pretty clear. JB's thoughts should really be banned from this forum, its become comical and really clutters up the threads, there is zero science behind them, only dollar signs.

Lets hope things change, a White Christmas and follow up storm would be awesome.

Well I'm not sure anyone was locking onto a blizzard in SNE besides Kevin. Most of us recognized that we were in model weenie land.

The storm still has potential... but the trend today on the op runs and the ensembles is discouraging for most of New England. To be honest, I'm quite concerned about day 1 of skiing up in central VT at 3500 feet lol.

Yep...me too Ryan. I never cared that much about back home thought it was a gully washer (Bomb 2), but didn't expect I'd be skiing in rain. WTF.

Probably shouldn't jump to conclusions until after the 0z but it rarely seems to break back the other way when it sh*ts the bed.

Archived