joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 27/28 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just woke up and took a look at the 6z GFS ... very interesting the jump it made toward the ECMWF and CMC...

Remember I mentioned that vorticity lobe that was itching to subsume into the Dec27 trough? Well what ends up happening in this new situation is that instead of continuing westward around the anticyclone to the north, this vorticity lobe ends up drawing our Christmas Day snowstorm north and fujiwaras and that shortwave, ending up over Nova Scotia instead of Ontario

Beautiful case of a bifurcation of solutions. The GFS possibly just admitted defeat to the Euro and CMC

When did that HS weenie from Keene evolve into HM?

I mean here we have a Xmas Day snowstorm to the coast..and all some people can do is complain that the GFS is a snow to ice scenario to rain in some spots.. It's the GFS...at DAY 6

But isn't this the discussion for the 12/27-8 event? Strictly speaking the gfs solution is a sne disaster. Thankfully, it's past 5 days and subject to change but gfs has bee in its game of late.

But isn't this the discussion for the 12/27-8 event? Strictly speaking the gfs solution is a sne disaster. Thankfully, it's past 5 days and subject to change but gfs has bee in its game of late.

Yes and my ? is why can't people discuss a model run without complaining and thinking it's right.. Especially when it's the GFS of all models

GEM takes it over the BM...maybe just a hair inside.

Nice! I don't care about mixing as long as I get a front ender and the low stays east of me. That will keep pack in. I shouldn't wish this as heavy duty shoveling for a 66 yo is nit recommended but unlike most my age I enjoy it...it's snow.

that the most annoying thing on here , its discussion of models and in regards to a model run, i'm sick of this crap about panicking or this and that when it's simple discussion about a model run that shows rain for a large chunk of sne. deal with it

that the most annoying thing on here , its discussion of models and in regards to a model run, i'm sick of this crap about panicking or this and that when it's simple discussion about a model run that shows rain for a large chunk of sne. deal with it

I have to agree with you here, When you are giving out verbatim analysis of what the model shows there are quite a few on here that think your either spiking the ball or jumping off the bridge, Its a discussion of what the model shows at that time frame no more no less, If some want to take that as gospel 4-5 days out, Then go at your own risk

Go massage someone. Discussing a model does not equate to people jumping from bridges unless you are LL.

Archived