Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you back from Philly?

My wife is still in the middle of talks about the timing of the transfer. She's trying to stall it as long as possible. Originally, it was anytime within three years, but now they're talking this summer. They flew us up there in late summer to check out neighborhoods and some of the suburban towns. Philly is a great place to visit, but we're just not all that excited about raising our children outside the South. It's a cultural thing you know.

;)

And you can't get freshly brewed sweet tea in a restaurant up there either.

It's funny to look at all the weenieisms going on in the Jan discussion/ storm thread! When people are posting CMC model runs and individual members from the ensembles,etc.I think there was a thread about this on the main forum about weenieisms,and they are all being pulled out!! A few more bad runs,and it will be bonkers in there!!

It just amazes me how models can change so much in a 24 hour period! If it was just one model I could understand it, but several of them showed a good winter storm here Thursday with strong cad, now it's freaking nothing??? It makes me mad'ern _____....

I feel the same way...it always reminds me of this quote from one of the greatest movies of all time...

Borrowed from Jamieo last year....

Helpful hints to posting on AmericanWx this winter:

- Post like a Tourette's Syndrome victim on meth

- Be hyper-vigilant about 300+ hour threats

- Always err on the side of ridiculous when posting your snow obs

- Make devastating judgments about the quality of your winter based on one model run losing a storm

- Never relax during a storm - dry slots can happen at any time

- Never go outside during a snowstorm because you'll miss the latest radar update

- A missed storm can be the worst thing that has ever happened in your life. Be sure to share those thoughts in your region's subforum.

- If your region misses a storm, take it out on the subforum of the region that's getting the storm

- Share every single forecast/idea you have, in great detail - what do those red taggers have over you other than experience and expertise?

- The pro-snow mets are like a big brother who always gets you presents and tells you you're awesome all the time

- The anti-snow mets are like a big brother who tries to push you down the basement steps and calls you mean names

- Forky is like a big brother who sets your pet hamster on fire right in front of you

- Smart, reasonable people = Big meanies and are your enemy

- If the staff five-posts you or bans you, never forget there are hundreds of online forums where you can bash AmericanWx

- Never forget that stuff like family, pets, significant others, girlfriends/boyfriends, work, life, etc. all take a back seat to frozen water crystals falling out of the sky

IMO you are not a weenie by posting the ensemble, but when you start thinking individual members are right ... Not sure when posting maps and discussing options about a system became a bad thing or made someone a weenie ?

It's funny to look at all the weenieisms going on in the Jan discussion/ storm thread! When people are posting CMC model runs and individual members from the ensembles,etc.I think there was a thread about this on the main forum about weenieisms,and they are all being pulled out!! A few more bad runs,and it will be bonkers in there!!

IMO you are not a weenie by posting the ensemble, but when you start thinking individual members are right ... Not sure when posting maps and discussing options about a system became a bad thing or made someone a weenie ?

Also when those were posted it was because the GFS was showing a winter hit and the ENS mean looked good as well. So of course you want to see what the individual members are saying since they make the ENS mean.

95% of the people on this board are weenies, we aren't here for our health, we are neglecting the real world on the miracle it might snow :-)

My wife is still in the middle of talks about the timing of the transfer. She's trying to stall it as long as possible. Originally, it was anytime within three years, but now they're talking this summer. They flew us up there in late summer to check out neighborhoods and some of the suburban towns. Philly is a great place to visit, but we're just not all that excited about raising our children outside the South. It's a cultural thing you know.

;)

And you can't get freshly brewed sweet tea in a restaurant up there either.

I hear that, " sugar is on the table". There is a lot of stuff to do up there, but moving from NC to Philly is a big change.

'franklin NCwx'

Like the Ukie?

I wish weathernc was around. He posted some valuable info on models back in 2010 and one of the things pointed out was how well the Ukie verified on catching phased GOM storms compared to other models. Not saying this will be the case this time, but that always sticks in the back of mind.

what happened to weathernc?

Archived