• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Brutal run of the GFS...and with how things look now it's safe to way we are going to be snowless until atleast end of January. I know this winter isn't like last winter for the continental US but for NC it sure does. Good news it should be seasonably cool and wet the next 2-3 weeks. :axe:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Burger said yesterday the deck is stacked against us. If one was to equate warmth to rolling the dice, warmth is a seven because there are just more ways for it to get warm from a probability standpoint. There are fewer ways for it to get cold due to latitude, elevation, and proximity to oceans. I think that is why the models have a tendency to more often go warm than cold once a solution is somewhat determined.

I know some else will elaborate more, but this is not like last winter..

I know that technically you're absolutely correct from a meteorological perspective, but to the average person in the mid-South, this is by most measures so far a repeat of last winter. Most people don't get twisted up in the model watching and dynamics. Colder and dry or warmer and wet is all they see.

Like many of us, the epic winters of 2009-10 and 2010-11 spoiled me. Early 2010 was especially fun. But for me personally, the only thing that sort of saved winter 2011-12 was the Feb 19, 2012 snow. It wasn't much, but it prevented Old Man Winter from pitching a shutout. I'm crossing my fingers for at least a little something this winter, but I think I'm less confident this winter than last.

Nail in the coffin?? You obviously are forgetting about the models with the 12-25-10 storm, basically no storm 3 days out.

My thoughts on this system:

"With as much dignity as he could muster, the Old Man gathered up the sad remains of his shattered major award. Later that night, alone in the backyard, he buried it next to the garage. Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of taps being played, gently."

I think we need to coin a new term for our members here...HOH's.

We are the Hang on Harriets, polar opposites of the Negative Nancies. HOH- no matter what the latest model run shows we hang on to the last ones that look good in hopes of miracles, flukes and turn arounds.

Proud to be a HOH for the Jan 3-4 event. :hug:

Nice! I like it and I also like thinking positive.

I think we need to coin a new term for our members here...HOH's.

We are the Hang on Harriets, polar opposites of the Negative Nancies. HOH- no matter what the latest model run shows we hang on to the last ones that look good in hopes of miracles, flukes and turn arounds.

Proud to be a HOH for the Jan 3-4 event. :hug:

This sucks! You can't trust these models at all. All they can tell us is when it's going to be dry or rain. Can't handle snow at all. And looks like next week is going to be our only shot for a while. This winter is starting to look like crap again.

5,478 things have to go right for it snow in the southeast minus the mountains. If even just one of things goes wrong, you're screwed.

Also trired of hearing how great the pattern is and how the players are better. If the other players on the field are still too strong, your team still sucks.

What really chaps my butt is that my sister in Dallas had a white Christmas. Dallas freakin' Texas. She's now acting like she lives in a winter wonderland.

Archived