• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Several good posters have left because of alot of negative comments to them. They still look in but rarely post.

Pretty sure that is not what happened. If there was a lot of negative comments I am pretty sure I would have seen them...or the mods would have deleted them. I think Robert left for the money, which is okay IMO. He deserves it for his hard work.

phil882 is my favorite...he lurked in over the weekend with that non-event.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are you talking about? It can't be WeatherNC, Lookout, or Robert, because this is simply not true.

I'm still trying to figure it out to. No one has actually said any names. As I said before a lot left the area so they now post in other forums. Some even changed names. Also I doubt many if any left because of any comments. Some people actually have lives outside of the internet as hard as that is to believe.

Memo:

Dallas TX is now the snow capitol of the south. :lol:

Woohoo Dallas!! They have had 2 snow events this year!

Why is it so hard to get snow in NC outside the mountains? Places like MS and AL end up with more snow storms than central NC. And VA gets snow it seems a lot more, too. It's like it goes right around the rest of NC. Just gets old. And folks saying that this winter will be better, that the pattern looks good, and it's more active doesn't count for anything if it still doesn't snow.

This! Okay its cool that we have a 64% snowcover on the US vs the 20% last year so we know some areas are doing fine., but if none of it is in the SE, it might as well be last winter all over again for us.

I don't if anyone in the SE has noticed, but we can't complain though lol. Check out Chicago!!!! They haven't even seen an inch of snow yet! The southern parts of the state has seen well over a foot or near a foot for the season from 2 big storms.

I'm still trying to figure it out to. No one has actually said any names. As I said before a lot left the area so they now post in other forums. Some even changed names. Also I doubt many if any left because of any comments. Some people actually have lives outside of the internet as hard as that is to believe.

I'm here all year long and there is nobody that I can think of that has left because of any comments said to them

You may see the news casts of the lack of water in area lakes due to drought conditions, but it is nothing like seeing it drop in person on a daily basis. Lake Lanier is close to record drought levels again with most ramps being closed to be able to put a boat in the water. Lack of access hurts the economy greatly. Without significant rain this winter, the lake could be "closed for business" this summer, costing millions in lost revenue. On a different note, when the lake is down, folks living on the shoreline leave their crap everywhere and when the water does rise....crap floats. 2011 spring was epic, guiding guests to striper fish and having to explain why there was random chairs, propane tanks and other debris floating in what should be pristine water. It was embarrassing to say the least. So in closing on my rant, I too pray for rain and people to keep their crap above the water line. :arrrg:

Yeah, I was hearing this was the worst drought in 50 years, though down here I think the 80's showed it worse. And since fall started I've been getting good rains, so I hope it is closing down the drought.

Whining about snow will seem even more petty in 30 or 50 years when the water wars start, lol. We're draining the aquafers as fast as fast can be. Heaven help us if we ever get into a 5000 year drought. Worries me about the ice shelfs melting away. Where will I find an ice burg to bury in the basement :) T

Yeah, I was hearing this was the worst drought in 50 years, though down here I think the 80's showed it worse. And since fall started I've been getting good rains, so I hope it is closing down the drought.

Whining about snow will seem even more petty in 30 or 50 years when the water wars start, lol. We're draining the aquafers as fast as fast can be. Heaven help us if we ever get into a 5000 year drought. Worries me about the ice shelfs melting away. Where will I find an ice burg to bury in the basement :) T

Stop living in the past man. It's January banter time. :)

Seriously, if there was a vote for it, I'd vote for you for nicest poster of the year. Happy New Year to you sir.

Ever thought about taking up fly fishing? It's a great hobby, lots to learn/study. Plus, some times it's hard to catch fish, so you can still whine on bad days.But at least you get outside.

Why is it so hard to get snow in NC outside the mountains? Places like MS and AL end up with more snow storms than central NC. And VA gets snow it seems a lot more, too. It's like it goes right around the rest of NC. Just gets old. And folks saying that this winter will be better, that the pattern looks good, and it's more active doesn't count for anything if it still doesn't snow.

Archived