Newest Member
    amirah5
Son of Sandy- Nov 7-8, 2012 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it show like it will be a bit more organized than earlier

I hate disorganized messes. 1" of snow with a crusty glaze is blah.

Wish the coast did not have to worry.

I think it still will be overall. It just comes down to how the bands pivot up and perhaps redevelop behind it. For instance I could see a good 1-3 hr period of decent snowfall, followed by lighter or showery stuff.

The GFS still has a funky depiction, but it models the initial band a little better. We'll see how the euro looks.

Lol, the Ukie soundings are freezing. They keep BOS all snow through the whole event. Crazy uncle is always good for some weenie solutions.

Forgive me, but that last sentence makes it sound like you had a really uncomfortable childhood.

Anyhow, I don't think BOS has a snowball's chance in Hell of staying all snow, but I am a touch optimistic that at some point tomorrow night I might see first flakes; especially with the Euro keeping it in play last run.

When in doubt, go big or go home. I'm riding the Ukie. hotdog.gif

12z GFS Ensm Mean looked pretty close to the Op, correct?

Very close and has a decent precip shield.

I still think a wild card may be the coastal front enhancing precip a bit just away from the coastline. This may slowly sag SE too.

Euro is out to 12. Low is a bit more consolidated early but precip is a bit east of 0z. Not sure that means anything at this pt.

Euro at 18 has ~1000mb low off NC.. precip brushing coast. About 4mb deeper than 0z.

24 has ~996 due east of SE VA/due south of central LI. Precip is a bit further west.

Definitely NW of 0z by hr 30 (18z tomorrow). Still mostly light precip onshore though. Some accum near PHL.

0z Thur (hr 36) ~988 due south of LI due east of DE, kinda stationary.Light precip back to BR, .1"+ DC east... .25" about bay.

Archived