Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Son of Sandy- Nov 6,7,8 2012

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't the thread for this nonsense. It seems once per year we get this same kind of moral discussion. None of us control the weather so all of this "wishing" for damaging storms is a moot point.

Let's get the discussion back on next week's storm and not delve down the path of weather hurtyhurts.

This isn't the thread for this nonsense. It seems once per year we get this same kind of moral discussion. None of us control the weather so all of this "wishing" for damaging storms is a moot point.

Let's get the discussion back on next week's storm and not delve down the path of weather hurtyhurts.

Holy crap, we've warned people of this garbage before. I'm going on a mass banning spree the next person to come in here with the "weather morals" diatribe.

Man and I was just searching for some sick '01/'02 straight zonal blow torch map to cheer for. Oh well

Will say I appreciated the nice wx post Octobomb to clean up. Didn't need it to last the whole winter though. But yeah if I could push this storm back a week or two I probably would. For the sake of the folks recovering (and climo ;) )

I remember it Jerry. First winter I was on the IRC chat and probably the first winter storm we tracked on there. It was mostly a higher elevation event in NY State I believe, but probably snowed where I live now.

precursor event

Am I the only one remembering the November bomb of 1995 around mid month? Howling rainy storm here and chilly.

I remember it Jerry. First winter I was on the IRC chat and probably the first winter storm we tracked on there. It was mostly a higher elevation event in NY State I believe, but probably snowed where I live now.

precursor event

Same here in Syracuse N.Y. That one dumped 10"

to 24" of paste across the area with some of the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen. We had around 10" in the lowest elevations and then on up it went. Great storm!

precursor event

It was a huge central PA/SW NY bomb...your area prob got like 3-5" before the flip. We actually got some snow here that morning before it flipped to rain, but only an inch or less. But it tracked up the Hudson Valley or even slightly W. I think the changeover line got all the way back to BGM. Places like BFD and UNV cleaned up in that...Garret County MD too.

It was a huge central PA/SW NY bomb...your area prob got like 3-5" before the flip. We actually got some snow here that morning before it flipped to rain, but only an inch or less. But it tracked up the Hudson Valley or even slightly W. I think the changeover line got all the way back to BGM. Places like BFD and UNV cleaned up in that...Garret County MD too.

Yeah, I gave this to him earlier but it doesn't look like it was seen -

http://docs.lib.noaa.gov/rescue/dwm/1995/19951113-19951119.djvu

Archived