• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy- Nov 6,7,8 2012

HoarfrostHubb

The Euro ensembles were pretty far east. Not horribly cold though...maybe marginal for N ORH/Berks/Monads...the usual for BOX forecast area. Still a ways out though. I mean, we aren't even to the point of weenie NAM runs at 84 hours. Lets get this inside of DGEX model hours first.

My guess is still mostly cold rain with perhaps some snow/sleet early on for a period in the high terrain. But its hard to see this as a big snowstorm right now...I'd like to see a point that Ryan brought up earlier....see that antecedent cold hang in tougher on models as we get closer...cold/dry air hang in there. We do have a high in Quebec that is not weak. So it could happen, but I'd love another 2-3 weeks of climo to help us. Unfortunately, 2-3 weeks of climo is something we can't hope for on the models.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did the most recent GEFS do? Might've missed it.

Tracked it near the BM, but too warm for the most part. Rips the 850 line all the way back to the NY border...even in NNE. It does look like it would start as snow though in the interior. But the mean is made up of some obscenely differing solutions...some have the storm wrapped up right into interior SNE while others are actually a whiff to the east, lol.

That huge upper-low keeps trending south with every run and also slower once it starts to make its way out as our potential storm draws near. Does this upper-low feature pose any future modifications to the setup if the trends continue?

Why does this storm seem to want to wrap in so much warm air? It bombs and tracks near the benchmark yet our 850s are dramatically warming as this happens. Isn't the opposite usually true? Too much easterly fetch?

Pretty negatively tilted for one...and two, it is early November. The CAD signal would be stronger in winter...even apparent up to 850mb.

00z GFS looks pretty close to 18z...a little farther east/ colder. Good run for greens an Berkshire and maybe the whites. NW CT would do okay this run as well.

Yeah that was a definite jump east and it does snow hard for a time in the interior...esp NW CT/Berks to the monads. Still eventually wraps in warm mid-level air, but its an interesting trend. If we see things cool down a bit in the coming days, then I could see taking this more seriously as an actual snowstorm threat rather than a teaser.

Does not seem like an easy task in early November, overlapping the more amplified weenie solution and yet also remaining away from the immediate coast cc/ack . outside of mtns, it'll take intense banding to get it done. coastal front blows way west otw.

Yeah that was a definite jump east and it does snow hard for a time in the interior...esp NW CT/Berks to the monads. Still eventually wraps in warm mid-level air, but its an interesting trend. If we see things cool down a bit in the coming days, then I could see taking this more seriously as an actual snowstorm threat rather than a teaser.

On twisterdata it looks like the NW Hills of CT and Berks maybe hold onto ZR @ hr 102 with a shallow sub 0C layer.

ggem slams E Mass

http://raleighwx.ame...bTSLPp06126.gif

i don't know if this is even a plausible track, i.e i'm not sure i've seen a storm take a path like this ever. seems there are a few favorable paths for storms IMO (path's of least resistance) and this cmc track seems improbable

Its a plausible track. Likely? Probably not. The GGEM takes a little longer to phase the shortwaves which means when it finally hooks north, its further east. The NAM kind of looked like it was going to do that if it ran beyond 84h.

Keep in mind that the GGEM was too late to phase Sandy though. Its possible the same bias is working here.

edit: You posted last night's GGEM. New one is closer to the coast. Does have some snow for the interior though.

Its a plausible track. Likely? Probably not. The GGEM takes a little longer to phase the shortwaves which means when it finally hooks north, its further east. The NAM kind of looked like it was going to do that if it ran beyond 84h.

Keep in mind that the GGEM was too late to phase Sandy though. Its possible the same bias is working here.

edit: You posted last night's GGEM. New one is closer to the coast. Does have some snow for the interior though.

embarrassing

the haufman site doesn't update that quickly i guess?

Wow, Euro is razor close to a total paste bomb for the interior. IT does have some snow in the beginning part of the storm but it eventually goes over to rain for most of NE. But its pretty interesting. Once again, I say we could really use another 2-3 weeks of climo.

Nice to see Euro on board now for a interior snow bomb. Trend is out friend

I like BOX's approach now of an AFD that speaks of the possibility for terrain in WMA and Monads, with official forecasts that present rain/snow. No sense in going beyond that at this point for a storm still several days out. Be great to see that play out though.

By the way--I drove through Tolland yesterday bringing my daughter for a tour of UConn. Nice looking town, Kevin--lots of lawns without any leaves. :)

Archived