amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Son of Sandy- Nov 6,7,8 2012

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like BOX's approach now of an AFD that speaks of the possibility for terrain in WMA and Monads, with official forecasts that present rain/snow. No sense in going beyond that at this point for a storm still several days out. Be great to see that play out though.

By the way--I drove through Tolland yesterday bringing my daughter for a tour of UConn. Nice looking town, Kevin--lots of lawns without any leaves. :)

Were you only on route 195? That main rd is super busy as you probably took a right off the ramp, and never got to see the nice, rural part if town

Were you only on route 195? That main rd is super busy as you probably took a right off the ramp, and never got to see the nice, rural part if town

While there's so much time to go, seems reasonable to expect the appearance of flakes for a portion of the storm, but it's going to be tough to get anything of wintry significance methinks without a true cold sources and the warmer air wrapping in. It's certainly close enough to merit some close attention (as if the strength of the system doesn't warrant that anyway).

Yes--we did stay on 195, figured I wasn't in the smack of the masstif.

Interior is interior..I'm not expecting a massive snowstorm..just some accumulating snow..even if that means a slushy inch

Well that is different then a paste bomb. In that case, yes it seemed like you would get that. But if I were you, hope for a trend east.

Interior means a lot. It could be 495 to the Berks.

Well that is different then a paste bomb. In that case, yes it seemed like you would get that. But if I were you, hope for a trend east.

Interior means a lot. It could be 495 to the Berks.

We haven't a Novie snowstorm in years now. We used to get one just about every year..sort of like we used to get one every March.

Hopefully things trend east again today,but the Euro ens being so warm is disconcerting

We haven't a Novie snowstorm in years now. We used to get one just about every year..sort of like we used to get one every March.

Hopefully things trend east again today,but the Euro ens being so warm is disconcerting

LOL, that's not entirely true, but it has been a while. The euro ensembles actually were closer to a paste bomb as they were further east than the op, but they did move a little west from yesterday. The ensemble track would probably give the interior a little more snow.

The bottom line is that given how marginal the atmosphere is, I want to see a strong low intensifying SE of the 00z euro track. I think the Berks into NH at the very least should stay interested. If it goes a little more SE, than weenies up for the interior. As of now it probably would give the interior some snow to start anyways, but again..it's a little too marginal imo.

GEFS were also close to a paste bomb for the Berks into NH.

Quite a few members were just eastern scrapers and one didn't even form a low...so that is probably making the mean look better than it really is.

Are your 'rents staying in Center Harbor at all this winter or is it strictly warm season?

Quite a few members were just eastern scrapers and one didn't even form a low...so that is probably making the mean look better than it really is.

Are your 'rents staying in Center Harbor at all this winter or is it strictly warm season?

Yeah they are up there now because someone said they lost power during Sandy. We have a sump pump so no power means 2' of water in the basement, but luckily they did not lose it. They will probably only go up a few times this winter. I'll try to go up a few times as well...just to get away.

GEFS members are all over the place with track and thermal profile.

I think it will be hard to get accumulating snow east of Litchfield Hills/Berkshires barring a miracle but we'll see.

It looks borderline in those areas, agreed. I didn't see the GEFS members until now. I also want to see like 0.5" or greater in 6 hrs in those areas...I didn't see that on the euro either.

Hopefully for those that want snow, it tracks a little further east.

looks like the r/s line will orient more w-e than n-s. depending on track either the catskills/pocono's/dacks/ C-N greens or NW CT/ tactonics/berks/ S-C greens get plowable IMO

i don't see much shot of this traveling SE of BM as it bombs...so i think the tolland to orh corridor over to 495 is SOL...but still bears some watching of course.

Big winds on NJ coast either way and E ma nice long fetch as well.

Archived