• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Son of Sandy- Nov 6,7,8 2012

HoarfrostHubb

That's why you never want a storm to bomb too early.

While people like Ginx with a barometer fetish love it... I'd rather be near the storm when it first starts bombing not when it's done.

anyone looking for snow in this system will be bummed. If I was a Met I would be hitting the wind, wave coastal aspects hard, thank god for Tropopause Fold otherwise folks would think this is a regular Noreaster.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone looking for snow in this system will be bummed. If I was a Met I would be hitting the wind, wave coastal aspects hard, thank god for Tropopause Fold otherwise folks would think this is a regular Noreaster.

It's not impossible..euro actually gave higher elevations some snow, but I would like a stronger depiction of the VVs in those areas or a further east storm. The storm track as of now, brings in warmer air aloft.

It's not impossible..euro actually gave higher elevations some snow, but I would like a stronger depiction of the VVs in those areas or a further east storm. The storm track as of now, brings in warmer air aloft.

It looked like a good 4-6 hour thump for N ORH county/Monads/Berks/NW CT on the euro. The precip totals aren't amazing though. You'd like to see a quick 0.50-0.75 in 6 hours to get accumulating snow with marginal profiles.

Even though weenies maps show several inches in those spots I mentioned, it would probably be tough to accumulate without better precip rates. Hopefully we get more of these setups in late month or December when climo will help us a lot more.

It looked like a good 4-6 hour thump for N ORH county/Monads/Berks/NW CT on the euro. The precip totals aren't amazing though. You'd like to see a quick 0.50-0.75 in 6 hours to get accumulating snow with marginal profiles.

Even though weenies maps show several inches in those spots I mentioned, it would probably be tough to accumulate without better precip rates. Hopefully we get more of these setups in late month or December when climo will help us a lot more.

Yeah the rates aren't terribly impressive. From the crude 700vv maps I can see, it looked like we had that GFS VV min depiction over central areas too, but this was when the warmer air came in aloft. It's an impressive comma head as modeled so if we can get it east, it may surprise. I think this has the look of something that wouldn't track further east, but we are still 4 days out.

But I'm not sure why precip rates would be so paltry with a big low like that wrapping up.

Archived