Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a few epic claps of thunder in the wee hours w/ soaking rain. Woke the baby, the dog, the wife. Everyone but daddy fell right back asleep. Coffee ftw this morning.

.80" rain total since 4pm yesterday. Good news.

Nice total there, Chris. I could tell that while I had some nearby claps, much of the lightning and thunder (at least while I was awake) was to the east. Probably indicative of our rainfall totals.

Had a nice light show with thunder at 4:00am..but of course all the rain missed me.

Thursday looks tornadic

Better then than on Friday as I have a meeting in Beantown Friday. I hate being away when a good storm (of any type) is in the offing.

From the BOX discussion, it seems like the big factor for who gets what is where the front stalls.

.80" rain total since 4pm yesterday. Good news.

Good news indeed and glad to hear. It's been dry here but I think even more so down your way. I have some cousins in Vernon, VT and they were telling me how parched things are/were there.

Picked up 1.00" on the dot here last night with the multiple storms that rolled through--t'was very welcomed.

Two MCS's combined for 0.23" in the gauge overnight, for a July total of 0.81". Some flickers and distant rumbles, but the heavy stuff had faded before it reached my place. I think the best action today will stay south of MBY; GYX hinting at the same for the Thurs-Fri event, though the foothills forecast has 60% POP for Thursday night.

I've been the screwzone lately.

Lots of lightning and thunder last night (twice) and no rain and .04 yesterday.

Hopefully we'll see TOR's on Thurs

TStorms will do that. I had .21 this morning and the thunder woke me up...fell back asleep, but it woke me up.

You'll get lucky one of these days and get a nice down pour. Maybe Thursday?

TStorms will do that. I had .21 this morning and the thunder woke me up...fell back asleep, but it woke me up.

You'll get lucky one of these days and get a nice down pour. Maybe Thursday?

I heard all the thunder and nice light show..but not a drop.

You also got the storm last evening didn't you? Though that may have been more for Union

While nothing severe in ALB overnight...thunder/lightning was nearly constant from 9:30 or so thru 3am. Most lightning I've seen since living in NC. Pretty impressive.

Agreed, that complex just lit up. We got into the heavier echoes on the southern flank right around 3:30... Constant sheet lightning interspersed with searing CTGs. Winds gusted to probably 40+. Honestly one of the better storms in BTown this year, and best overnight convection in some time.

Archived