amirah5
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch just issued for Western CT and Extreme West Mass to 9pm

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking..."

(actually, I'm finishing off a 22 oz. bottle of something called "Clown Shoes Clementine 1.5 Double White Ale", Alc 8% by volume. A bit pricey at $6.99 for the bottle. The local beer seller recommended it. Must have been a 'slow mover', but I'm a sucker for a good sales pitch. Was it a mistake? We shall see.)

Tastes like bad fruit punch, but packs a punch nevertheless.

Hope we see some good svr today (in a 'nice' way, that is)...

Not sure where we are with this thread as I've been off for a while, but D4 on the 12z operational Euro looks real impressive to me. Synoptically, a break off plume of deep layer heat/dew is passing just to our S, with a frontal wave moving right down heart of SNE. Meanwhile there is DPVA and associated mid level jet mechanics nosing into western NE by 18z...

Should that warm sector penetrate in and lodge up just to the S of a warm boundary that extends east-west heads are gonna roll!

Love how it looks on the coast tomorrow. Seems like every line of storms this summer has petered out before reaching us here on the midcoast. Need rain. 0.74" from 7/1 through today.

Yeah, I don't care how we get it either convective or of a showery nature as long as we see some soon is fine and will take it

Where is it headed? Cracked phone screen ftl thank goodness for autocorrect

Looks like it's heading SSE down the Hudson Valley toward Coxsackie and Hudson, NY. It may clip far SW Berkshire and maybe NW Litchfield if it heads a little more to the east. Otherwise, it may stay in the Hudson Valley.

Nice hook showing up just N of Greenville, NY.

post-48-0-37569600-1343072977_thumb.png

definitely-it's all we got today. Looks like a big fail otherwise, although I wasn't expecting much esp with the storms already occuring this morning

Depends on your definition of today. This mornings storms while not severe had great lightning and rain.and held together to the coast. In terms of severe yes if we don't get anything more it's a bust.

Getting some spits of rain from the anvil overhead. That cell continues to be a beast as it moves south down the Hudson Valley. Classic right mover will screw me as it heads the other way. Mean storm motion is more toward the ESE. Maybe I'll get some of the other action off to the west, but the cold pool left behind by the right mover may stabilize things a bit locally.

Archived