Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
SNE severe/convective thread IX...or whatever number we're on

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right moving supercell looks to be weakening a little, at least for now. Another cell right on its tail, we'll see what happens as it encounters the cold pool left behind by the original storm, but this one is moving more ESE. Maybe it'll get me if it doesn't weaken too much.

Some thunder getting a little closer now.

Yeah it looked like it was on the path of killing itself but that last scan looks better, I wonder if it can sustain to my neck of the woods...might be something worth chasing.

Eh, not sure. Wait a bit and see what it does, depending on your distance from the storm. It looks like it may head toward Salisbury, CT area in a bit.

We should see more stuff firing just about anywhere as higher instability has moved in,prefrontal trough edges closer between now and midnite and dews are a naked like low 70ish(72 here)

Nah, we're all shadowed from that monster anvil. I'm not expecting much to form out here.

As for the rotation with the storm south of Albany there certainly is some low level rotation but nothing strong enough to be worried about a tornado right now.

Looks like the convective threat over N NY, N New England and possibly C New England later tonight will be dependent upon whether or not upstream convection over Canada can generate a sufficient cold pool. Single and multi-cell clusters should begin to weaken over the next few hours with loss of daytime heating, and forced ascent ahead of the cold pool will be necessary to maintain convection.

KTYX went down at a very inconvenient time. From what I can tell, MCS still a bit too linear (not really bowing), so we aren't there yet. Next few hours will be telling.

Nah, we're all shadowed from that monster anvil. I'm not expecting much to form out here.

As for the rotation with the storm south of Albany there certainly is some low level rotation but nothing strong enough to be worried about a tornado right now.

We have all night as that pre frontal trough moves east. Something can pop at just about any time with these oppressive dews..No severe..I just mean a good t storm for some

Makes sense too with most of the shear in the lower levels.

Makes sense too with most of the shear in the lower levels.

Yeah it's probably why we've seen the storms cycle and pulse quite a bit and each one seem to spin up a decent low level meso.... given weak deep layer shear but slightly more impressive low level shear.

Looks like the convective threat over N NY, N New England and possibly C New England later tonight will be dependent upon whether or not upstream convection over Canada can generate a sufficient cold pool. Single and multi-cell clusters should begin to weaken over the next few hours with loss of daytime heating, and forced ascent ahead of the cold pool will be necessary to maintain convection.

KTYX went down at a very inconvenient time. From what I can tell, MCS still a bit too linear (not really bowing), so we aren't there yet. Next few hours will be telling.

Already seeing a pronounced decrease in Cu up this way, and all of our cells have fizzled.

HRRR actually has a really nice handle on that trend so far. It takes that MCS more eastward into northern New England tonight, so we'll see if it continues to do well.

We have all night as that pre frontal trough moves east. Something can pop at just about any time with these oppressive dews..No severe..I just mean a good t storm for some

A very light thundershower for a few communities.

Already seeing a pronounced decrease in Cu up this way, and all of our cells have fizzled.

HRRR actually has a really nice handle on that trend so far. It takes that MCS more eastward into northern New England tonight, so we'll see if it continues to do well.

I hope so. The one last week was dying by the time it reached the foothills, so MBY got 0.18" rather than the 1"+ up by the boundary. Overnight is the best chance, as I'm wondering if the dry air will start moving into the mts/foothills tomorrow before there's enough diurnal heating to kick off anything.

Archived