joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 21st Weekend Rain-a-Thon?

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God our weather's boring. Holding out hope for some strong/severe storms on Saturday, but the wind speed shear is sad. Decent/good directional shear (depending on where you are) if we can get the low-mid levels to go up 20-30+ kts.

Still plenty of time to trend more favorable. Although we like to fail at severe in the DC area so I'm not holding my breath. Would be nice to get some excitement to break this boring period though.

What do you think the odds are at trending it more favorable?

Still plenty of time to trend more favorable. Although we like to fail at severe in the DC area so I'm not holding my breath. Would be nice to get some excitement to break this boring period though.

What do you think the odds are at trending it more favorable?

I'm in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode right now... don't see much improvement, at least for Saturday. Latest GFS run indicates some potential on Sunday as well. Sunday might be the better day due to the stronger wind shear, but instability is an issue for both days.

God our weather's boring. Holding out hope for some strong/severe storms on Saturday, but the wind speed shear is sad. Decent/good directional shear (depending on where you are) if we can get the low-mid levels to go up 20-30+ kts.

the heck with severe just some decent rains. digging in the ground out here, while it is clay, it is so dry half a foot down it is like digging thru concrete.

It was on my 12th birthday.........that and the severe wx that day made it memorable, though I was still a little scared of being in a tornado watch.

Yeah I was around the same age - I remember the local mets going insane on TV with that hook echo. Still, College Park Tornado the year before was more memorable just because the storm that produced it almost went right over my house.

The 00z Euro is slower and keeps the track west. We get a nice drenching Sun/Mon and leftover instability on Tuesday. Tuesday is the coolest day.

The 12z GFS that has just come in brings precip in on Saturday, drenches us Sunday, but doesn't leave us with much on Monday as the track is out to sea (weenie suicide track if this was winter). The GFS is much chillier on Sun/Mon with temps in the 40s.

A 2-3 incher this weekend? That would do wonders for the ground right about now and would certainly help clear the air of pollen. Plus, I welcome the cool air. Highs in the 80s/90s need to wait until we're in May. If for no other reason than the fact that my car AC isn't working and I haven't fixed it yet.

Archived