joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What snow cover? Arent you in stafford springs or something?

Yeah...I'm not talking here (although I saw some patches in the woods in Union this weekend). Sorry if it came across that way. I was talking around the region about the snow cover. Temps around here are lower the higher up you go...it's around 60° in the valley, 58° here and 55° at 1200'. Look at the meso map and compare it with the NOHRSC map:

http://www.wrh.noaa....88037&density=1

http://www.nohrsc.nw...ont=0&js=1&uc=0

Places with similar elevations have lower temps the closer you get to the snow cover for obvious reasons.

Sun came out for an hour or so and I shot from 35-41 and have been there for about 2 hours, still full coverage on snow in areas not sloped facing south/west. Those areas are toast with disgusting dead, brown grass. Luckily most of my property faces north and east with just one small area facing the streghtening sun.

Snow about 85-90% gone here after the worst torch of the winter by far. It was awful...stayed in the mid to high 40s most of the night last night. No radiational cooling or anything. Topped out near 50° F today. Amazing how parts of NNE managed to avoid most of it.

Somehow I'm getting this feeling we're going to suffer through a cold, drizzly, miserable spring with frequent backdoor cold fronts and cutoff lows as the pattern becomes blockier in the spring. Mother nature sometimes likes to finger us, and this will likely be one of those years.

I can't believe some of the temps some of you saw today, We made it to 33.1F for a high here, We got back to 28F an hour ago but have had a couple lines of zr come thru and spiked us back to 30.2F

Absolute disaster here. I hate this so much, I might have a meltdown

At least Thurs until Sunday are cooler. Maybe even snowmaking happens

ALB hit 59!

I hit 53 and down to some scattered 1-3" areas of snow in the most wooded areas + a few drifts along fence lines, etc.. On a plus note most ice if not all ice was removed from the driveway.

I guess Pete must be in AK? I haven't seen him around here at all. He is lucky then because I imagine even West Chesterfield had a serious meltdown today.

This has been a bad winter moreso for you guys down there but to our standards here as well, Except Northern Maine seems to be doing ok, Its just not suppose to be this way in the Northeast in Feb, If it was not for a couple of glop storms in the last week or so i would have bare ground, My 5" snowpack is hanging on and does not look to go anywhere or get added to anytime soon unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat for the sun-tues timframe in the next 10 days or so

ALB hit 59!

I hit 53 and down to some scattered 1-3" areas of snow in the most wooded areas + a few drifts along fence lines, etc.. On a plus note most ice if not all ice was removed from the driveway.

I guess Pete must be in AK? I haven't seen him around here at all. He is lucky then because I imagine even West Chesterfield had a serious meltdown today.

Yeah, Pete lit out for the Territories...

I for one am glad my driveway is now mostly ice free. It was nasty after the 12th for a week or so.

Stii, I would trade an iced up drivway for a foot or more of snow otg. Mostly gone here now. Maybe 20% of my yard has it. Yuck

Archived