joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb marked the 12th straight month of above normal temperatures at BDR, impressive.

In the last 12 months at ORH only two have been below normal, last march and last June, both were only -0.1 what an incredible run of warmth, one on the whole that has lasted the last 4 years. Incredible stats.

That was pretty impressive that you guys in northern MA and NH could hold the cold a full 24 hours longer than me. I skyrocketed to mid 40's by noon yesterday and that was curtains...never down to 32 last night.

It was mid 30s when I left my house for work at 6:30. By the time I got to Leominster it was down to 31F and there were actually weenie flakes with a tiny coating near the border with Lunenburg.

Already 48F at home :axe:

LL, is this some weird defense mechanism that you pull? I've never seen someone with a raging priapism over warmth.

Not at all Scooter, I think its important to look at history, and while we all love snow, this should not be overlooked. I have given up on this winter, hopeful for a suprise or two but you should know after reading my post in the spring and summer how much I love the warmth and all outside activities, after all I am from South Carolina.

LL, is this some weird defense mechanism that you pull? I've never seen someone with a raging priapism over warmth.

Those stats are our reality, and they are damn impressive, you are as objective as mets come, I would think you would find them interesting from a met standpoint?

Tree pollen allergies ruin spring for me unfortunately. I can appreciate the season for all it's beauty, but I have to drug myself up on zyrtec for about 30 days or mostly stay indoors. I usually do the latter and just go outside a few select days under the drug. I don't like to live all doped up for that long.

Not at all Scooter, I think its important to look at history, and while we all love snow, this should not be overlooked. I have given up on this winter, hopeful for a suprise or two but you should know after reading my post in the spring and summer how much I love the warmth and all outside activities, after all I am from South Carolina.

Tree pollen allergies ruin spring for me unfortunately. I can appreciate the season for all it's beauty, but I have to drug myself up on zyrtec for about 30 days or mostly stay indoors. I usually do the latter and just go outside a few select days under the drug. I don't like to live all doped up for that long.

I hear ya, I work outside and I suffer greatly from pine allergies, I am absolutely miserable for two weeks allergies are incredibly debilitating. I am sure you have plenty more snow coming at your location Rick, spring is a long way off for you!

lol everyone cliff jumping ha ha ha

i'm not give me an inch or two of snow and i will follow it and thoroughly enjoy it.

will has not jumped......at least the MJO amplitude gfs forecasts haven't capitulated...have they? think 7-8-1

Well I don't think people have jumped per se...well except maybe a few. There's just some more questions that I need answered..hopefully the next 24 hrs do so. I find it intriguing...the difference in guidance right now, so I'm not sure things are clear cut yet.

Well yes they are, but you seem to love to post excessively about it..lol.

Dont really think you are being fair Scooter, what was I posting about relentlessly last winter?? SNOW, sw ct winter and such, I usually post about whats going on outside, this winter sucked azz, it was gut wrenching, but thats life.

Hope so .... have to think we get a few decent snowfalls in Feb -> early April.

For some reason pine pollen doesn't bother me...it's a larger pollen spore fwiw. The hardwoods (maples especially) are cruel to me.

I hear ya, I work outside and I suffer greatly from pine allergies, I am absolutely miserable for two weeks allergies are incredibly debilitating. I am sure you have plenty more snow coming at your location Rick, spring is a long way off for you!

The NAM has warm advection snows breaking out in PA at 84 hrs ahead of the Midwest low. I'm finding it hard to buy the idea that it is totally obliterated by the confluence and trough over the Maritimes. If that bowles underneath ..irony ..Joe could have the better shot of snow being further south. FWIW that low out there at 84 hrs is exactly at 50/50.

Well I don't think people have jumped per se...well except maybe a few. There's just some more questions that I need answered..hopefully the next 24 hrs do so. I find it intriguing...the difference in guidance right now, so I'm not sure things are clear cut yet.

The NAM has warm advection snows breaking out in PA at 84 hrs ahead of the Midwest low. I'm finding it hard to buy the idea that it is totally obliterated by the confluence and trough over the Maritimes. If that bowles underneath ..irony ..Joe could have the better shot of snow being further south. FWIW that low out there at 84 hrs is exactly at 50/50.

DGEX nam extension does just that!

Archived