CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my first spring clean up of the season this morning, taking a chance, but looking at the next ten days and then long range euro ens, seems like a chance worth taking. Ground is completely thawed here obviously, and I was shocked at how much early season growth was hinding under leaves and other debris.

Hopefully the cape and islands can get a little snow later with a strong ne wind, waters look toasty though.

NOAA has us in a slight risk too, problem is temps.

Hopefully I can get a trace and take the lead in the February snow sweepstakes.

Good luck! Might be the last precip of any kind for at least ten days if not longer, our snowiest month (for most) looks to bore us to tears for at least the opening third, beyond brutality.

Yeah a little bit of drizzle here too. Like Will said, sky is kind of weird looking..like something you see in a late November or early December day with the wind off the water.

Very uniform clouds...long long lines but a dense overcast. There are lines in the clouds that extend as far as I can see east - 15 or so miles all the way WSW. Odd.

Drizzle stopped here but temp staying at 39...so maybe some flurries tonight.

this is not a torch lol

high temps today are not off to the races

35 and cold here with wind chill bout 22

when it's feb 2 and SE ct is mid 40's at 1pm ....yawn

no use and try to make EXTREME's out of ho hum days ...some days the pattern is just not a torch or a snow storm....in the search for wx excitement ...today is mostly empty

in the 100 years of record keeping i bet S coastal ct has been mid 40's about 35% of the time in early feb.

Archived