wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 12-14 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have about 1-1.5 inches here in Tulsa, OK!!! Beautiful big snowflakes...sticking to everything!! It's the perfect snow to make snow ice cream, snowangels, and snowballs!! I am a VERY happy girl!!! If we were only supposed to get a trace, you people up in the midwest are in for a surprise!

That was based on the bullish RGEM from last night. It's sinced backed off.

Yet another bust for Toronto. It is absolutely surreal walking around andseeing bare ground in mid January. This will be a year of no winter in Toronto at the rate we're going. If saying that makes me a weenie or a troll, so be it. It is incredible to see the temperature contrast between Ottawa and Toronto. It's currently 2C in Toronto while it's -13C in Ottawa. I'm not a betting man, but I will hazard a guess that Toronto saw it's coldest day of the winter on January 3rd, when the mid afternoon temperature was around -14C without the wind.

We have about 1-1.5 inches here in Tulsa, OK!!! Beautiful big snowflakes...sticking to everything!! It's the perfect snow to make snow ice cream, snowangels, and snowballs!! I am a VERY happy girl!!! If we were only supposed to get a trace, you people up in the midwest are in for a surprise!

This is the attitude we all need.

Time to stop using the models and break out the good ol' radar and satellite.

Cloud tops are cooling and a nice sturdy band of snow has developed behind the front. I would expect it to slowly expand as frontogenesis and DPVA increase over the next few hours. The divergent portion of the jet max is just now beginning to impinge upon this area as well, so this should add some fuel to the fire.

Yet another bust for Toronto. It is absolutely surreal walking around andseeing bare ground in mid January. This will be a year of no winter in Toronto at the rate we're going. If saying that makes me a weenie or a troll, so be it. It is incredible to see the temperature contrast between Ottawa and Toronto. It's currently 2C in Toronto while it's -13C in Ottawa. I'm not a betting man, but I will hazard a guess that Toronto saw it's coldest day of the winter on January 3rd, when the mid afternoon temperature was around -14C without the wind.

Nobody (as far as I'm aware) ever prepared a forecast with amounts based on a rogue set of runs from the NAM/RGEM. So it in no way can be characterized as a "bust". But yeah, it's frustrating. It seems we can't catch a break the last couple of winters.

Archived