• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

It is whiter this morning than it was out there when I went to sleep.  j24vt's 3/10ths looks about right.  Since I did not have to get up at 4am this morning I am in no rush to go outside, haha.  Lazy morning, then up to the mountain for an hour or two before tonight's mixed bag and rain tomorrow.

Looks like a brief warm up then a constant up slope regime before a clipper and some strong windex?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a decent storm for NNE is possible around 12/21. Models starting to hint at something.

SNE/CNE likely cooked but a perfect track could smoke the Greens.

Will the rain/snow line be north or south of Plymouth NH? Only kidding. Cold, dark day up here today with very light snow in the AM dusting the ground. Melted off as we reached 33F but I can see the trees held on to a coating above 1500 feet. Ground still covered with an inch or two of snow from the other day. Looks a bit messy tomorrow. We always hold on to the cold air longer than forecasted so my point and click forecasted high of 42F will not be achieved.

Nice and wintery looking forecast aside from the "rain" tomorrow, haha.

Tonight: Snow likely before 3am, then snow and sleet between 3am and 4am, then freezing rain after 4am. Low around 24. Very windy, with a south wind 20 to 23 mph increasing to between 37 and 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.

Thursday: Freezing rain before noon, then rain. High near 36. Very windy, with a southwest wind between 39 and 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain showers before 4am, then a chance of sleet between 4am and 5am, then a chance of snow showers and sleet after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -5. Windy, with a west wind between 24 and 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

No HWW for MTS?

Gonna be breezy on the mountain tomorrow...

RECREATIONAL FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

257 PM EST WED DEC 14 2011

.THE HIGHER SUMMITS FORECAST FOR VERMONT AND NORTHERN NEW YORK...

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY UNTIL MIDNIGHT...THEN SUMMITS BECOMING OBSCURED IN

CLOUDS. A CHANCE OF SNOW UNTIL MIDNIGHT...THEN A MIX RAIN...SLEET OR

SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. SOUTH WINDS 30 TO 45

MPH... INCREASING TO 45 TO 60 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.THURSDAY...SUMMITS OBSCURED IN CLOUDS. RAIN OR FREEZING RAIN IN THE

MORNING...THEN RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S.

SOUTHWEST WINDS 55 TO 70 MPH.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY UNTIL

MIDNIGHT...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN OR SNOW SHOWERS AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. WEST WINDS 45 TO 60 MPH...

DECREASING TO 35 TO 50 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Tried and failed again to find Mt Snow.. ended up bushwacking to the top of some random 3k footer and signing the log. There's actually just as much snow here in downtown Rangeley than up in the mountains north of Eustis. Think I might try again Friday.. this time with GPS.

Wow, tough to find.

Coordinates are on this page if you need them.

http://www.summitpost.org/snow-mountain-chain-of-ponds/226919

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Mountain_(Franklin_County,_Maine)

I would take this and run, But doubtful here...

I actually think we'll pull off more in the upslope on the backside. Not ideal conditions for a big event, but light accumulations look good. Then again we've still got equipment issues, so I'm limited to what I can find on the web.

Gonna be breezy on the mountain tomorrow...

Going to be breezy everywhere from what I can see. NAM bufkit is a little more bullish than the GFS, but from 12-16z it looks like a good period of potential 50 kt gusts from PWM down to BOS. Things tail off pretty quickly around 18z, but GFS looks like a borderline wind advisory, with the NAM closer to a slam dunk.

light rain and 33.2F We had a period of snow grains around 2am then sleet around 5am which left a trace. Low temp was 31.9F. Deer are having a grand old time eating apples in the orchards. Usually by now they have to dig through snow. Don't know if I have ever had a brown Christmas up here since I bought the house 22 years ago. Would be a very rare thing if it happened.

I actually think we'll pull off more in the upslope on the backside. Not ideal conditions for a big event, but light accumulations look good. Then again we've still got equipment issues, so I'm limited to what I can find on the web.

Going to be breezy everywhere from what I can see. NAM bufkit is a little more bullish than the GFS, but from 12-16z it looks like a good period of potential 50 kt gusts from PWM down to BOS. Things tail off pretty quickly around 18z, but GFS looks like a borderline wind advisory, with the NAM closer to a slam dunk.

What crashed? I saw it mentioned in the AFD yesterday, Was that yours, Thanks..

Archived