joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, looking at the 18Z NAM is this system really going to bomb out. Looks more intense and further NW but when the cold air comes in its going to snow hard for a time. Strong NW winds with blowing and drifting for a few hours on the backside? NAM seems to have alot of QPF still left once the 850mb 0F line comes through. Tough forcast for Central NH. Timing of changeover is critical for snow amounts!

36.8 here in Lyndonville. Calling for 4-7" here. we'll see how long it takes for the cold air to come in. If the 18z NAM verfies it'll be much more than 7", but I think its too far NW

Id love to see lyndonville get a good dumping. That is my favorite snowmobiling spot in the NEK. We love it up there. The only problem this year is all the water.

I thought I was seeing the occasional flake among the rain when I was driving to the house around 6:15 P.M., and I couldn’t confirm it, but as of ~6:50 P.M. snow definitely started to mix in. As I’ve been writing this, the precipitation has changed over fully to snow (7:00 P.M., T=34.9 F). Initially I think our point forecast had us changing over to snow at some point late tonight, but now it just says snow:

07DEC11C.jpg

Ended up with 1.8" of cement out there...roads were snow covered where the plows hadn't got too. Although much lower than was looking for, kind of relieved with how heavy this stuff was, could have caused some problems if we got much more with the gusty winds already starting to kick up.

About 5 inches on the elevated surfaces like the table on my deck and about 3 on the gravel driveway. It flipped to snow around 6:30 at my house but was still raining at 8:00 when I went to Hannaford's at the bottom of my hill. Here in downtown Montpelier, it looks like about 2 inches.

3 inches on the nose in Peacham. It was frozen to everything- like blown in closed cell insulation. It was a pain to get off the cars but with the clouds breaking up it was beautiful this morning. No time for pics unfortunately. It was also 24 with a nasty wind at times- quite cold.

Upon further review this morning when i hit my wood steps and almost landed on my head, We ended up with a trace of snow and some flash freezing..

I'm sure you had snow at some point towards the end. It was almost straight snow in Portland when I got to work at 5:30 ... and then the back edge came through. 1.5" or so of QPF down the literal drain.

Archived