• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

It’s nice to see all the flakes PF, even if it’s not quite to the level of what was going on last year at this time… As I was preparing for lecture today, I saw that my slides from Dec 6th of last year had some snowflakes on the cover sheet, which I often do if there’s snow around. So I went back and looked at my weather records, and sure enough, we were in the midst of a nice upslope snow event that brought two feet of snow down at the house, and close to four feet up in the higher elevations. At the house, it actually wound up being our second largest event of the season in terms of snowfall.

I'd kill for this event.

I mean it was deep:

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Needless to say I would KILL for an event like that right now.

I remember PF and I trading very excited emails about this upslope event and I just about lost my mind when I saw these pics from our mutual friend.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Model trends getting interesting for Central NE for the next system. Looks like mainly will effect South/Central NH almost to Lakes Region with a sharp cut off. .50" QPF line to just north of Concord and .25" in extreme Southern White Mountains. Another 50 mile shift north and more of NNE enters the game. Would like to see just enough snow here to cover the ground and make it more winterlke. Time will tell.

Model trends getting interesting for Central NE for the next system. Looks like mainly will effect South/Central NH almost to Lakes Region with a sharp cut off. .50" QPF line to just north of Concord and .25" in extreme Southern White Mountains. Another 50 mile shift north and more of NNE enters the game. Would like to see just enough snow here to cover the ground and make it more winterlke. Time will tell.

Looks like we will be seeing that happen..

Feeling better about this one now? Looks like it has legs. I mentioned to the guys at work earlier today that there was a chance for a storm on Thursday and I was met with scoffing. I may get the last laugh with this. We'll see.

Somewhat, I mentioned it today as well and got the Really? and question look, We will see after the runs tonight, Sharp gradient to the west for precip so we will need to see it tick some more west, But it will fook many others below, I think it will be similar to the thanksgiving storm with a little less qpf for now up here or has a chance to, Quick hitter, Right now its prob a 3-5" deal, But it was all snow for up here

What is brutal is that out of 13 mornings now that the ski resort has been open, only 6 of them have had temperatures below freezing at 6am in the morning.

That's 1,500ft in a notch between two big mountains in northern VT and more than 50% of the time the temperature has been above freezing at the coldest time of day. That's pretty crazy. Of course that weird inversion event last week skewed those numbers as we were 55F when MVL ASOS was 27F, but still. If we can't even average freezing or below at this point during the lowest sun angles, that's brutal.

Somewhat, I mentioned it today as well and got the Really? and question look, We will see after the runs tonight, Sharp gradient to the west for precip so we will need to see it tick some more west, But it will fook many others below, I think it will be similar to the thanksgiving storm with a little less qpf for now up here or has a chance to, Quick hitter, Right now its prob a 3-5" deal, But it was all snow for up here

Plenty of time for changes, but right now it looks like the foothills will thread the needle between mts accum at the tail end of today's event and Thursday morning's snow in IZG-LEW-AUG. One clown map has a distinct no-snow arrow stretching from southwest VT (and points SW) to northeast of BGR, with significant snowfall to both north and south. At least it's supposed to get seasonably cold.

Plenty of time for changes, but right now it looks like the foothills will thread the needle between mts accum at the tail end of today's event and Thursday morning's snow in IZG-LEW-AUG. One clown map has a distinct no-snow arrow stretching from southwest VT (and points SW) to northeast of BGR, with significant snowfall to both north and south. At least it's supposed to get seasonably cold.

Models trends are still in our favor, This storm is only going to be able to go so far NW, We look to stay below 0c here in the mid levels throughout so we could see some decent accumalations out of this

Go ahead, toss 'em out.

I am thinking 4-8" with my 1st call, Could be a little conservative based off of the Euro's qpf, Going to be a good 6 hr or so thumping but its moving pretty quick so we could possibly get to 10", Just not real confident with that as of yet, I will probably wait until 0z tonight..... :snowman:

any of you NNE folks joining us SNE folks in worcester, ma for the g2g on Sat...yes, it's a long drive...but we :wub: you, even if you get more snow than us!

I'd love to - been to two of them - but I get to play Amazing Daddy to a couple of five-year-olds starting at 5pm Saturday. Make sure lots of pics get taken and posted ... I need new material.

1st call: 4-8" from KRUT-KLEB-KDRYSLOT

2-4" LSC

1-2" Powderfreak

almost nothing at BTV.

Gradient is gonna kill us in VT. Bring that to the bank. Congrats southern greens, central greens, MWN valley, Lakes region, and Oxford cty in Maine

This is going to need to be updated... haha.

We will have to see how quickly we can flip from rain to snow up here when the thump comes in. I'm still going to be weary of this until it is actually snowing. Hopefully a few inches can fall to whiten the grass (NAM and GFS are both over 1/2" QPF for snow) for the cold blast Fri-Sun. Highs in the 20s to near 30F and lows in the teens with any snow on the ground will feel ridiculous to the April weather we've been having.

Maybe a couple more inches on Friday with the arctic FROPA coupled with lake moisture and upslope flow?

I grabbed the BTV graphics from this morning for the upcoming winter weather; we’re under a Winter Weather Advisory here in Waterbury, with the point and click calling for 2-4 inches of snow.

07DEC11B.jpg

I feel pretty confident that there will be a very narrow stripe of 5-8" totals, especially in higher terrain, somewhere in central VT.

I feel pretty confident that there will be a very narrow stripe of 5-8" totals, especially in higher terrain, somewhere in central VT.

Yeah they are definitely are going conservative here. My updated thinking (LOL):

3-5" Powderfreak

4-6" LSC (up to 8" if we can flip over early)

Nothing now for Dryslot, maybe some backside flurries.

2-3" at BTV

Yeah they are definitely are going conservative here. My updated thinking (LOL):

3-5" Powderfreak

2-3" at BTV

Yup looks like the warm air wins out around here with the projected track. Backside flurries .... Is that like Ass dandruff?

3-5" Powderfreak

2-3" at BTV

Sounds good... my email this morning had 3-6" for Mansfield overnight. I think I should be able to get at least the low end of that range from 1,500-4,000ft and hopefully up to 6" up high where snow will be falling in the 20s the whole storm.

Archived